First Live Show with Quantum FW

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Played my first live show with Quantum last night. (And our 4yr old woke us up at 5am this morning..coffee coffee coffee)

I used the 5E3 Tweed and the SLO-100 and my 70's Strat with Kinman pups.

Single CLR wedge for monitor with Ch1 a direct feed from output 2. I could control my guitar volume from the front panel output knob. Ch2 of the CLR was an aux send from the desk with my vocal, lead vocal and guitar from the lead singer / 2nd guitarist.

The IR was the free Vox IR posted by a forum member.

Our drummer hits hard and plays a pretty big kit, so overall we had a loud stage / mains volume.

Quantum kicked total ass. The sound was huge. High notes on the Strat sang and got bigger as I went up the neck with incredible sustain. I think that's what I noticed the most, the notes played high on the neck rang more amp like and didn't die out.

Modelers in general seem to thin out and die out a little in the high registers for me.

Not so with Quantum and a decent amount of stage volume.

I was able to use the guitar volume the whole show for rhythm vs. lead. I had a boost programmed in but never had to use it.

Love it when the show is just fun and I wasn't thinking anything about the tech, it was all about the show and the music.

Well I'm glad to hear that. I am on the current FW but I have not gotten around to trying any of the modeling. I've been using mine in 4CM mode with my JVM for the last 7 months or so. I too, also found that notes would thin out as I went up the neck on previous firm wares. I need to actually plug into my FRFR stuff and give this a go.

Back
Top Bottom