First live gig

goalsquid

I have had my AX8 for about a month now. Still learning a lot about what this thing can do. What I have found was how I can be more creative by getting sounds from different amp/cab combos that otherwise would not have been available to me. Who can afford all those amps?

I have been lugging around a Mesa Tremoverb cabinet for years. Last night I played my first live gig with the AX8. Setup time was almost zero. No lugging a heavy amp, no setting up the pedal board and effects loop, no need to mic the amp. The venue even had multiple stage monitors so I didn’t even have to use my own FRFR cab as a monitor. My guitar never sounded better. Connected right to front of house. I used two presets, one for electric and one for acoustic. I could not have been happier.

Now I just have to figure out how to “look busy” after my 5 minute tear down, so I don’t have to lug anyone else’s gear. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to “look busy” after my 5 minute tear down, so I don’t have to lug anyone else’s gear. :)

LOL, it will be awhile before I get a chance to try the AX8 live, but I can relate to that last point ..,

Back
Top Bottom