First Impressions of the Atomic Amps CLR

Resurrecting an old, but useful thread. According to Tom, I'm definitely in the next batch (late Aug, earl Sep)...Scott, I have 2 questions for you:

1-Are you still happy with the CLR? If so, how has it held up in terms of wear & tear.

2-Do you ever utilize the 2 inputs, specifically running a monitor mix in at the same time as your Axe signal. I'd like to take advantage of this, just wondering if the monitor mix gets washed out.

thanks in advance.

Resurrecting an old, but useful thread. According to Tom, I'm definitely in the next batch (late Aug, earl Sep)...Scott, I have 2 questions for you:

1-Are you still happy with the CLR? If so, how has it held up in terms of wear & tear.

2-Do you ever utilize the 2 inputs, specifically running a monitor mix in at the same time as your Axe signal. I'd like to take advantage of this, just wondering if the monitor mix gets washed out.

thanks in advance.

1 - YES. It is one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's done the job now through over 35+ gigs in all situations (including outdoor festivals) and not a hiccup or even a hint of issue at all. Since getting the Studio Slips cover, the wear and tear essentially became a non-issue for me. It is taking it's licks, but looks good still. Highly recommend that getting a quality cover is part of the overall budget if you gig. IMHO.

2. Yes for exactly the same purpose you note. It works very well, and the overall clarity of this continues to both impress and delight me in every situation. It's fun to use this with something as high end and nuanced as the Axe-FX II. Very satisfying musical experience gigging with this; it's made FRFR not only a viable option but almost criminally fun.

Rarely does something deliver on its promise as well as this speaker has done for me. I recommend it to everyone; and not just guitarists with modelers. Keyboardists and vocalists freak out when they hear it for themselves. It puts out what you put in with clarity and uncanny accuracy.

I'm sure this has been addressed but I just can't find it.

Should I be taking the AXE FX OUT 1R into the FOH or utilizing the LINK on the CLR? Is there any difference?

FC
www.ninetimes.ca

Atomic Wedge CLR & FOH

Should I be taking the AXE FX OUT 1R into the FOH or utilizing the LINK on the CLR? Is there any difference?

FC
Music

I use the CLR link. Assures me that the signal I am hearing is exactly what is being sent to the FOH.

FWIW,

I prefer using Out 2 to my CLR and Out 1 to FOH (when needed.) That gives me total control over stage level without changing FOH. The CLR is more than accurate enough (more so than FOH a lot of times) that I don't worry about about a difference.

TT

I prefer using Out 2 to my CLR and Out 1 to FOH (when needed.) That gives me total control over stage level without changing FOH. The CLR is more than accurate enough (more so than FOH a lot of times) that I don't worry about about a difference.

TT

I was trying this the other day. Out 1 (xlr) to FOH and out 2 to the CLR. I couldn't get any sound to come out of out 2. I tried messing with the I/O menu but nothing worked. Can you advice on any setting to make this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying this the other day. Out 1 (xlr) to FOH and out 2 to the CLR. I couldn't get any sound to come out of out 2. I tried messing with the I/O menu but nothing worked. Can you advice on any setting to make this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you go to "I/O" (hardware button) and "Audio" tab, scroll down to "Output 2 Echo" and have it set to "OUTPUT 1".

Back
Top Bottom