First Impressions: Fishman Pickups

Hey everyone,
Finally got the my set of Fishman's installed, I was on the fence for a good six months about the pickups I couldn't find any in my State. Finally I folded faster than superman on laundry day and picked up the Devin Townsend set.

What drew me to the set was the mixture of a rail and pole pieces in each humbucker,
Each pickup has two different eq shift voices, plus coil or rail splitting options.

Below is the bump in eq for each voice

Neck
Voice 1 - 780 Hz
Voice 2 - 3.3 kHz

Bridge
Voice 1 - 635 Hz
Voice 2 - 3.4 kHz

How I have them set up (thank you Michael Harron) is a voice 1 / 2 toggle push pull on the volume and a coil split on the tone push pull pot. This means you can have Voice 1 or 2 humbuckers, or Voice 1 or 2 split plus blends of the both pickup positions.

Do they sound exactly like single coils? Definitely judge for yourself, I am a big fan, if you have any questions or want to hear or see anything please let me know, I wished I could have had a conversation like this before I bought them (i would have purchased them earlier haha).

Has anyone tried them?

All demos are with the best bit of gear I have ever purchased (AX8)

My Strandberg Boden 6 is in the shop as we speak getting a set of Devin T pups installed, I am all in, as I have put Fluence in a Squier Strat, my Reclaimed redwood Fender SSH Superstrat, and a Custom Shop tele......next level stuff IMHO.

They seem to be getting difficult to get here in the US too. I ordered a Kiesel Osiris 7 with Fishmans in January and still haven't received it (held up by pups).

Demo sounds awesome. Cleans are fantastic (Helix T-Shirt teaser :) ). The low gain demo too, can definitely hear some Status Quo twang there.

I'm a Fishman convert after putting the Devin set in my #1. Having multiple voices (and not just a split/tap of that same sound) is a real game changer. For someone like me – who likes to play multiple styles and with tones from different decades – they're incredible. I'd really like to try the Killswitch Engage set and the new three voice Classic set.

My Strandberg Boden 6 is in the shop as we speak getting a set of Devin T pups installed, I am all in, as I have put Fluence in a Squier Strat, my Reclaimed redwood Fender SSH Superstrat, and a Custom Shop tele......next level stuff IMHO.

Amazing, holy cow you have all the sets! I agree, even with some companies adding silent circuits and a like no one at the moment imo is touching the new design

They seem to be getting difficult to get here in the US too. I ordered a Kiesel Osiris 7 with Fishmans in January and still haven't received it (held up by pups).

Demo sounds awesome. Cleans are fantastic (Helix T-Shirt teaser :) ). The low gain demo too, can definitely hear some Status Quo twang there.

Thanks for checking out the demo man, high gain clips coming very soon!
I wondered if anyone would notice! Most amazing prog concert I have been to, I built the sky, helix and Plini for $20, crazy!

I'm a Fishman convert after putting the Devin set in my #1. Having multiple voices (and not just a split/tap of that same sound) is a real game changer. For someone like me – who likes to play multiple styles and with tones from different decades – they're incredible. I'd really like to try the Killswitch Engage set and the new three voice Classic set.

I love my Devin set, but I agree the three voice set has me curious! But I don't know how I'd wire that, I love have single coil tones from voice 1 and 2 right now, I don't want to lose them

I have a set of Devin Townsend's in my PRS SE Cu24 Floyd Rose and absolutely love them! I am going to install them in my other PRS single cut as well.

I have a set of Devin Townsend's in my PRS SE Cu24 Floyd Rose and absolutely love them! I am going to install them in my other PRS single cut as well.

Here I was thinking I was some magical unicorn that only had the pickups, how wrong I was!
I'm trying to decide whether to pick up the classic or Keith merrow set next

I thought I would do a bit of an update, I've been testing the single coil tones of the Devin set and I am very very pleased so far

Against real single coils there's a difference definitely but I really think they hold there own,
Having high output pickups, mid gain pickups and pretty darn good single coils in one pickup set still blows my mind,
what do you think?

Full audio download

Back
Top Bottom