First Hit with Q10 - Comparison and presets

Hey thanks Leon!

I know that feeling when you stay away from your guitars for a few days, when you come back you realize that the wait was worth it, with Q10 I can not think of a better reunion!!
This Friedman 2018 has something really nice...the other day I picked up your C++ preset, I just changed the amp type to Friedman 2018, nothing more: Instant bliss!

Welcome home!

Last edited:
Hey thanks Leon!

I know that feeling when you stay away from your guitars for a few days, when you come back you realize that the wait was worth it, with Q10 I can not think of a better reunion!!
This Friedman 2018 has something really nice...the other day I picked up your C++ preset, I just changed the amp type to Friedman 2018, nothing more: Instant bliss!

Welcome home!

I just tried that and it sounds amazing! All I did is raise the bass a bit and it sounds amazing.

There's a lot more gain with Q10. I think the comparison would have been better if you adjusted this, especially because you rolled off the guitar volume based on the Q9.04 sound, this didn't really translate to Q10. Kinda makes Q10 sound less dynamic etc.

There's a lot more gain with Q10. I think the comparison would have been better if you adjusted this, especially because you rolled off the guitar volume based on the Q9.04 sound, this didn't really translate to Q10. Kinda makes Q10 sound less dynamic etc.

That's a really good point. I'll keep that in mind for some vids I have planned.

Yep more gain with the new firmware and it sounds to me a bit brighter too... which on that Lonestar I actually liked that extra sparkly tone that will come in handy when you dial back the gain. Awesome Fractal!!!

My immediate impression with the Atomica was that it was a tad brighter up top and chunkier down bottom. Then I fired up the Friedman 2018 and boy oh boy was I in heaven :D

Most noticeable to my ears in your video was the difference between the Q10 and 9.04 Lone Star and Atomica amps in the video...the amps just seem to take on more of a real tube amp responsiveness especially noticeable when rolling off the volume really clean up to a really sweet grainy tone like a good tube amp will.
Always a pleasure hearing your insights Leon and welcome back.

Most noticeable to my ears in your video was the difference between the Q10 and 9.04 Lone Star and Atomica amps in the video...the amps just seem to take on more of a real tube amp responsiveness especially noticeable when rolling off the volume really clean up to a really sweet grainy tone like a good tube amp will.
Always a pleasure hearing your insights Leon and welcome back.

Yeah they love the volume control, and the edge of breakup tones are divine. Looking forward to testing a few more amps and building some more presets which I'll share here.

My immediate impression with the Atomica was that it was a tad brighter up top and chunkier down bottom. Then I fired up the Friedman 2018 and boy oh boy was I in heaven :D
I couldn't believe FAS was able to surprise me like that. I'm used to my AX8 sounding great and expected to be happy with the new modeling, but the 2018 really is next level.

I have similar impression with bassman model... I have to lower the bass and the drive to have similar gain level. It seems every model react in different ways to new firmware...

What amps are people digging on Q10 that they didn't like on Q9? I want to try some new stuff!

I am digging the Brit super and 800 #34 with the boost switch engaged. I also lost some time on the Hebert 2+ . Normally I have been using the spawn quickrod and 5153 the most. It is like a whole new music store !

Back
Top Bottom