First gig with V5

Xrocker

Fractal Fanatic
Devastating! It was like a freaking atomic bomb hit. I can't recall ever having so much fun playing my guitar live on stage.

Almost all of my patches that I dialed up in the studio translated well to the P.A. at volume. Anyone who's seen me knows that when I say "at volume" I mean it. This is the feel I've been looking to get from my guitar. The feel translates into performance which translates into tone.

The audience loved it. Lots of comments on the guitar playing being better than ever. I'm the same guy I was last week. It was the feel of V5 that let me rise to the next level. Even though the crowd in the club I played at was down to about 200 people, there were 300 last week, my number of requested songs doubled and my tips tripled. Those are two metrics that I track to see if my act is going over with the audience.

I played from 8-12, only took one break, and couldn't believe how fast the night went.

I wan't to thank Cliff for giving me the tools to re-inspire this jaded Xrocker. I feel young and enthused again!

V5 not only rocks but rules!

Can't wait to get my II and test Version 5. Big upgrade for me from the Ultra I suppose,seeing all the positive feedback it's been getting.

I've have 3 gigs now on V5. It rocks at the gig! No words can capture it, just go perform with it -- it's a ball!

I can confirm the increase in tips and song requests -- up significantly!

Last edited:
Just got done playing a 2hr set and I'm blown away of how much this box has progressed with fw updates. I really had a ton of fun playing today, well as I always do. But this fw is a definite noticable difference.

I haven't upgraded yet. My next break isn't for another week, but you guys are making me anxious to upgrade. I tried v4 and didn't like it so went back to v3, so this might be a big jump.
I listened to grape's comparisons, FW 2.00b, 3.02, 4.01, 5.01, on the firmware versions and there is a noticeable difference in how the amps have evolved and became more open.

My first gig with V5 was last night. I actually saw that 5.01 came out after we had already started tearing down to load up before the gig. Since it mentioned fixes for random lock-ups (I never encountered them), I decided to take the chance and load 5.01 w/o even testing. It worked beautifully. Great tone all night with no issues.

Played V5 for the first time today w/my band (called the Banned). What a joy it was to practice (usually not the case)...but, I had fun and the guitar just seemed to take on a life of it's own. With a sound like this I ain't never retiring (from music).

V5 makes me want to come out of retirement.

If there is anyone who deserves to go and have some fun it would be you, but we all need you in mad scientist mode. There are a million monkeys, myself included, that can play guitar. Cliff Chase is the only one who can re-invent the banana for all of us.

Seriously though, I can tell how much you were enjoying V5 by all the recordings you were posting. Why not have some fun with it. Inventor and guitarist Les Paul was still jamming with friends into his 90's.

Carpe Musica!

You know what impresses me the most? You're playing for crowds of 200-300 people. That's in a cover band? Well done!

Last edited:
Not in a band. I fly solo.

Contrary to beliefs held by many musicians, people love to hear songs they know! If you can if you can make a song sound as good or better than people remember, they will come. I've been doing it for a living for more than 30 years now. Geez, that sounds terrible, but I'll keep performing until I can't do it anymore. Hasn't happened yet!

I would have like to have become famous playing my own songs but that doesn't happen for everyone.

There are a million monkeys, myself included, that can play guitar. Cliff Chase is the only one who can re-invent the banana for all of us.

Spot on analogy Xrocker! Re-inventing the banana for all of us monkeys out there :)

monkey_banana.jpg

Spot on analogy Xrocker! Re-inventing the banana for all of us monkeys out there :)

monkey_banana.jpg

This FW upgrade just puts a big smile on your face when you play live and the people listening. that's waht ita all about. Emotional expression and moving people that is the purpose of music. Do that and your doing it right. This tool gets you there. It's not just about success, its about fun and fulfilling the passion within you.

I'm about as happy as I can be with this stuff it rocks

James

Back
Top Bottom