First gig with the III - A+

Here is part of the ship confirmation I got today from BTPA.com including shipping to CA:

I hope it works for you and would be interested to hear about your results. After my third try, I've given up. The quality of the cable itself it topshelf and the customer service/communication with BTPA is outstanding, it just doesn't supply the necessary power to properly power my MFC. My last try was a 20 foot.

I hope it works for you and would be interested to hear about your results. After my third try, I've given up. The quality of the cable itself it topshelf and the customer service/communication with BTPA is outstanding, it just doesn't supply the necessary power to properly power my MFC. My last try was a 20 foot.
A few years ago I was using a 25 ft 7 pin cable with Axe Fx II and MFC with no issues.

Hoping for the same.

Are you using the original MFC power supply or a 3rd party?

I use a 25’ midi cable. Can’t use over 20? I was thinking going longer, as I’ve been at the limit before. Hmmm.

A few years ago I was using a 25 ft 7 pin cable with Axe Fx II and MFC with no issues.

Hoping for the same.

Are you using the original MFC power supply or a 3rd party?

Yes, original power supply. I was also using 7-to-7 pin with Axe II (without adapter) with no issues before XLR support and of course went to that. Loved having only one cable and one reason I never migrated to Axe8. With adapter/5-to-7, red lights come on the MFC initially, but it's just not functional after that. I can play games with it and power it up directly, then quickly change over and it works, but obviously that's not a solid solution. I do hope it works for you - if so I may send mine back for another exchange and try one more time. Ideally, the new FC will be out "soon" and it will be a moot point for me.

Yes, original power supply. I was also using 7-to-7 pin with Axe II (without adapter) with no issues before XLR support and of course went to that. Loved having only one cable and one reason I never migrated to Axe8. With adapter/5-to-7, red lights come on the MFC initially, but it's just not functional after that. I can play games with it and power it up directly, then quickly change over and it works, but obviously that's not a solid solution. I do hope it works for you - if so I may send mine back for another exchange and try one more time. Ideally, the new FC will be out "soon" and it will be a moot point for me.
How were you using the 7 pin with no adapter? It still requires a power source for phantom power...

You're correct, I forgot I was plugging adapter into Axe II, but the Axe II was still designed to redistribute that power over the 7-pin. That's still slightly different than this new scenario with the III where the 5-pin side of the cord takes the power directly from the adapter.

You're correct, I forgot I was plugging adapter into Axe II, but the Axe II was still designed to redistribute that power over the 7-pin. That's still slightly different than this new scenario with the III where the 5-pin side of the cord takes the power directly from the adapter.
Not really... The Axe Fx II phantom was just a pass-through from the power jack to the same 2 pins.

Anyway, I'll have it in a couple days. Hopefully it works... :)

Not really... The Axe Fx II phantom was just a pass-through from the power jack to the same 2 pins.

Anyway, I'll have it in a couple days. Hopefully it works... :)

So you're going out of your way to make a point to disagree that it's "slightly different"? Whatever. Good luck to you.

By the way, I just got my 20' cable from BTPA and the MFC power supply was not giving enough current for the MFC to be operational... I happened to have a 9VAC 1300mA adapter from another piece of gear and it works great.

I can't find any spec for the power supply current in the MFC manual... It only says 9vAC.

I don't think that is a problem. Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom