First Gig with new band

javajunkie

It went extremely well. House was full. The club owner said we should play every night :)
Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Soundman hadn't heard an Axe-fx before. After the show he sound it sounded great and was the first modeler he had heard that sounded like a real amp.

All in all a good night.

Sounds like a great night ... congrats on the successful debut! What kind of stuff are you all playing?

Cover stuff, all over the map.

STP
Foo Fighters
Cars
The Killers
Muse
Lenny Kravitz
U2
Matchbox Twenty
Green Day
Bon Jovi
Scorpions
etc.

Sweet, many of my faves there. I'll have to drop in on you guys when I pass through the Denver area.

It is the Bistro Alvino Gig
Congrats on the new band! Is this is that place on parker road? I gigged there a couple times years ago, but back then entire bands wanted to come in for the living wage of a solo act...$200.

Story of my life. Some venues value of what I do; some just want more guys for the same price.

Once the band is really kicking, check out stuff like Baker Street, Hoffbrau on 88th, Hiccups on 80th, there's a bunch of them out there & they place real value on your hard work.

Congrats on the new band! Is this is that place on parker road? I gigged there a couple times years ago, but back then entire bands wanted to come in for the living wage of a solo act...$200.

Story of my life. Some venues value of what I do; some just want more guys for the same price.

Once the band is really kicking, check out stuff like Baker Street, Hoffbrau on 88th, Hiccups on 80th, there's a bunch of them out there & they place real value on your hard work.

Yep, that is the place. Thank for the tips on locations. Really appreciated.

Cool. Now you need to post pictures and videos from your gigs... it's the law! :D

Here is a pic of my best Mark Day face :)

269227_494553627238013_998501690_n.jpg

Yep, that is the place. Thank for the tips on locations. Really appreciated.
Here's a few more ideas off the top of my head
Baker St. Pub & Grill, Sherlock's Baker St. Pub & Grill, Sherlock's Baker St. Pub, and Watson's House of Ales
G.I. Jodis Bar and Grill
http://www.barlouieamerica.com/locations/Westminster.aspx
Jake's Roadhouse Live Music
Takoda Tavern
proofniteclub.com
Q's Pub & Grille - live Entertainment
Home Page
Brewskis Pub and Grill, bar restaurant in Thornton North Denver
Katie Mullen's Irish Pub and Restaurant, Denver, Colorado

I think most of these are over $400 and up to 6 or 7 based on quality of the band. If you're going to bust your ass learning songs and rehearsing, you might as well be paid a basic living wage for your work.

(by Yek: Oops, edited instead of replied... Damn smartphones. Sorry Sean)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Brightside..... One of my favorite songs ever. The dance remix also rules.

Quite a task to play that arpeggio though. How do you pull that off?

Mr Brightside..... One of my favorite songs ever. The dance remix also rules.

Quite a task to play that arpeggio though. How do you pull that off?

No kidding, that is one bitch of a chord. Its like a tongue twister for your fingers. And, you have to nail it fast coming out of the first chorus.
I pull it off by practicing a lot! I run through that arp just about every day, still.

Back
Top Bottom