First gig with FBT Verve 12ma

flyingfadr

Power User
Just had my first gig with my FBT Verve 12ma over the weekend.

I had been running direct into the PA, and feeding the monitors from the main PA.... which worked fine, but I had problems hearing it at a constant level, as the singers wanted "more me, please..." and trying to mix from the stage... didn't quite work as well as I had hoped.

The Verve 12ma was a HUGE help... volumes were constant, and tone was VERY close to what I had dialed in on my studio monitors... high gain sounds were PHAT, smooth, and creamy... there was a small bump in the low end, but not enough to be a problem. Cleans were sparkly, and clear. The 12ma is pretty compact, and light weight, and got to turn it up to about 10 o'clock before it was loud enough to be be heard over drums, bass, keys, and 3 vocalists...

Very happy with this monitor !... I had tried the QSC K12 before, but was not happy with that... it had an over-hyped low end, and not as clear as the Verve.

If you're looking for FRFR, this a Very good sounding solid-state solution...

+1

I have had the exact same experience....LOVE my Verve.
Did not care for the QSC K12.

FBT Verve 12ma for me, too. I prefer to go direct to the house, but love having my monitor as well as house reinforcement. Helps with the feeeeeedback waves....

Good size/mass/volume....sounds great. Completely satisfied.

BF3

Back
Top Bottom