First Gig with AxeFx Ultra!

Yall

So I had my first gig with the Ultra*. Running directly into a Yamaha DSR112 and also the front of the house board. Not the best video, but considering it was from a cheap digital camera, not too bad.

The presets were very standard as I've not had time to dial in much. Used one of the CA3 amp models with a cab/mic, and graphic EQ. On the solo patch I think I have some reverb and a touch of delay, but they are very low in the mix. For the smidgen of effort I put in, I though the tone turned out well, but there is a lot of room for improvement, Can't wait to really get done inside this thing and pull out some tones!!!

‪Phantom of the Opera - Live Iron Priest‬‏ - YouTube

*Technically, I did use it at one other show, but it was in an AC/DC tribute band. Just picked a preset and played (I'm 'Malcolm' so there was no need to get fancy). Oh and for reference I'm the one closest to the camera man.

Glad to see theres someone else who has to put their rack on its side on tight stages :)

Who or what's doing all the buzzing? Lights on the same electric circuit or something?

Yeah that buzzing was maddening. Had it coming through everyone's amps, even the bass player. Assuming it was some combo of tha lights and air conditioning.

Whoa just noticed you have a 475. I'm playing one of my two in that vid. Of all my guitars, including my Lynch owned ESP and my Adrian Smith Bloodline Jackson, they are my favorites. I seriously might get a third!

Yep - the 475 is a really good guitar for the money. For 80's/early 90's stuff it's perfect ... the actives and mid boost gets you everything from full on to the sharp cutting clean and quiet too.

Mine's in about 5 pieces at the moment as I am giving it a refit and trying to salvage the now rusty and worn Floyd Rose to keep it original .... but I think it's time for a new whammy .... can't find an original Schaller JT590 one anywhere so I'm looking at the Schaller Lockmeister or Schaller Floyd as a straight drop in replacement.

Back
Top Bottom