First Gig in 18 MONTHS!

Sleestak

Power User
I just finished loading the truck for this weekend's shows. It's the first live gig I've played in eighteen long months, and we're roaring back into action with 2 shows tonight, and 2 shows tomorrow night, all at Seattle's awesome Triple Door main lounge. The Cygnus updates, along with my FC-12 are all making their debut at these shows, and based on the reviews of my bandmates, the tones are noticeable more awesomeness-infused. That there is some science-based measurement.

As lucky as I feel to be back onstage, I know that many other musicians are still being impacted by the legacy of our recent quarantine, and the live music downturn that it caused. Be strong, friends. We'll make music again, and the world needs us to do it. Thanks so much to the great folks at FAS, and to the fine people here on the forum for keeping our musical community inspired. I'll raise a pint to all of you tonight, in musical solidarity. @ZenRigs Man : I'm going out for kebab after the show. As one does.

That’s great news John… Love that venue. One of the very nicest around w awesome amenities. Perhaps might make it down depending on the inner city vibe.

Wishing you well; gigging again is huge! Have a great show… You and the band always do a great job. 👏

That’s great news John… Love that venue. One of the very nicest around w awesome amenities. Perhaps might make it down depending on the inner city vibe.

Wishing you well; gigging again is huge! Have a great show… You and the band always do a great job. 👏
Thanks! Let me know if you are thinking of coming down. All four shows are sold out, but we may still have a few guest list spots.

Thank you John. I’ll talk to the better 3/4s and check tomorrow…I’ll go to the website and look at your show times. That’s a very kind offer, and it’s been too long!

super glad you’re sold out … 🤩👍❤️🙏

Have a great bunch of shows! I love playing the Triple Door. The load-in/out is a bit unpleasant, but we do what we gotta do. :grimacing:

I just finished loading the truck for this weekend's shows. It's the first live gig I've played in eighteen long months, and we're roaring back into action with 2 shows tonight, and 2 shows tomorrow night, all at Seattle's awesome Triple Door main lounge. The Cygnus updates, along with my FC-12 are all making their debut at these shows, and based on the reviews of my bandmates, the tones are noticeable more awesomeness-infused. That there is some science-based measurement.

As lucky as I feel to be back onstage, I know that many other musicians are still being impacted by the legacy of our recent quarantine, and the live music downturn that it caused. Be strong, friends. We'll make music again, and the world needs us to do it. Thanks so much to the great folks at FAS, and to the fine people here on the forum for keeping our musical community inspired. I'll raise a pint to all of you tonight, in musical solidarity. @ZenRigs Man : I'm going out for kebab after the show. As one does.

extra chilli and garlic sauce for me brother!

Congrats, and have great shows! (Wow, venues doing two shows a night are unheard of here.)

We did our first bar gig a couple of weeks ago and although things were a bit rough around the edges, the audience had a great time, as did we. This place is our once-a-month regular gig. We were the last band to play there in March 2020, and the first to play there when they reopened in June 2021. We've already got 3 gigs (more than our usual) for July, so things are definitely starting to open back up around here.

John, I grew up in Bellevue and moved to the east coast in 1973 … I’m guessing the Triple Door didn’t exist back then. (Neither did Microsoft!)

I hope you and your mates have a fantastic time; break a leg!

Back
Top Bottom