First few hours with my new Axe-Fx III

dharq

Inspired
I was trying to keep busy all day waiting for UPS, passed out on the couch then with my ears tuned to hear the UPS truck come up to the house I sprang off the couch and straight to the back door .. and then sorta walked out side in a chilled out manner .. oh your here didn't notice you there .. was just stretching my legs .. and there it was the box ! there's the logo !! I was thinking .. sign here please sir, why sure my good man and thank you have a nice day.

I walk back to the door and sprint into the house !!! woohoo !! its here :) lol pulled it out left the box on the table plugged it into the computer ran all the cables on with the speaker monitors are you ready for this !! 3.. 2.. 1 flick the switch its on Whoaah thats cool look at the colors .. start searching the patches for something metal .. ah here we go crank it up .. right into a chugging riff and shred lead bad ass !!! - I found the character settings in the input area .. kicked on logic x pro .. played some more listened back and its like yaaaahhhh !!

has much more head room, awesome rich tone, cool interface in the Axe Edit III presentation is far more spacious .. a lot of familiar territory
inside the software .. have to learn about the new physical interface and get around but its badass :)

Last edited:
Welcome!

Just wait until you start building your own patches. It gets really wild then.

Biggest tip I can give you to start with as a new user is that if you're playing through a flat, non-guitar specific system like studio monitors or a PA... Cab IRs out of everything will have the biggest effect on your sound. Don't overlook them!

It is an unbelievable unit! I have had mine longer than a year now and I can honestly tell you as a modelling solution it is the one unit that I have kept the longest of any of them. The unit has so much power in it and you couple that with an FC-6 or 12 along with the new performance page, using it live is incredibly easy.

Welcome, from a relative noob himself, having only had my FX III since last Aug, but yes it is one truly awesome unit.

:)oops: had to do as a grammar edit)

Last edited:
I was trying to keep busy all day waiting for UPS, passed out on the couch then with my ears tuned to hear the UPS truck come up to the house I sprang off the couch and straight to the back door .. and then sorta walked out side in a chilled out manner .. oh your here didn't notice you there .. was just stretching my legs .. and there it was the box ! there's the logo !! I was thinking .. sign here please sir, why sure my good man and thank you have a nice day.

I walk back to the door and sprint into the house !!! woohoo !! its here :) lol pulled it out left the box on the table plugged it into the computer ran all the cables on with the speaker monitors are you ready for this !! 3.. 2.. 1 flick the switch its on Whoaah thats cool look at the colors .. start searching the patches for something metal .. ah here we go crank it up .. right into a chugging riff and shred lead bad ass !!! - I found the character settings in the input area .. kicked on logic x pro .. played some more listened back and its like yaaaahhhh !!

has much more head room, awesome rich tone, cool interface in the Axe Edit III presentation is far more spacious .. a lot of familiar territory
inside the software .. have to learn about the new physical interface and get around but its badass :)
Welcome..cool avatar , what is it

Today was Day 1 of my AxeFX3, and I'm officially blown away after a few hours of use. I love this little black box, and I have used about 0.00074% of what it's capable of.
@dharq I feel we are onto a good thing here :)
Hey Callan, I had the same reaction. Ofc, I threw an extra curve ball into the mix by making it a total blind impulse buy (long story, but.) what a pleasant, and expected surprise....FAS always pwns life.....thats just what they do i mean for gods sakes.
its a logo I made for my band stuff :)
I love it, please PM me with a breakdown of the symbols/diagram, if you want, and what not....I’d like the hear the music too

ENJOY boys, I’m waiting for my FC6. I had the axe 3 for a little less than a month and these guys took my whole months salary...plus i lost a day of work WAITING FOR UPS....WHO just drove by for the second time, and now i have to call and complain and go to the hub, and thats why i asked Andy to ship FedEx....

Hey Callan, I had the same reaction. Ofc, I threw an extra curve ball into the mix by making it a total blind impulse buy (long story, but.) what a pleasant, and expected surprise....FAS always pwns life.....thats just what they do i mean for gods sakes.

I love it, please PM me with a breakdown of the symbols/diagram, if you want, and what not....I’d like the hear the music too

ENJOY boys, I’m waiting for my FC6. I had the axe 3 for a little less than a month and these guys took my whole months salary...plus i lost a day of work WAITING FOR UPS....WHO just drove by for the second time, and now i have to call and complain and go to the hub, and thats why i asked Andy to ship FedEx....
the music I have been writing is on dharq.com not finished but ongoing, there is a link on the bottom of the page to the Artwork DharqStudios

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom