FIrst Day of the Roaring 20’s .....HUNG OVER or not......?

Hung Over ?

• Yes ...ow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradlake

Axe-Master
We chose to cancel our dinner res and order Chinese delivery....soberly watched the various NYE choices on the tube..high point .. PBS, Live from Lincoln Center with a lovely Sondheim tribute with th NY Phil...low point....most of the rest....Keith urban covering Jumpin Jak Flash was ....interesting (did I spy an FC on stage??
Today is the first day of cannabis liberation in Illinois , so plans to take a nice unparanoid trip to the roof deck, cultivate an appetite and then visit the joint we canceled last night for brunch (my fave in Chicago.. www.thepublicanrestaurant.com. )
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited:
Sadly no, working today and tomorrow so no glorious excess for me :(

Did have some great carambola, sorrel and ginger wine to bring in the new year, but couldn't go overboard cuz I had work at 6am :(

At least I'll be able to buy the FM3 when it finally comes right? #mrbrightside

No, Zero party. Stayed at airport hotel. Wooohoooo :weary: up 5am for a flight to a remote factory. Everything is on full blast until CHINESE new year, January 24.

Happy new (western) year people!

Nope. And not tonight. No time for that kind of self-indulgent behavior right now. Life demands I’m on and functional.

Nope. No hangover here. I don’t care for ‘em, so I don’t do ‘em. For that matter, being drunk is overrated as a source of pleasure.

Maybe later today we’ll stop at the ramen restaurant that opened nearby. They’re quite good.

We had a couple drinks last night while we watched “The Dukes Of September“ on Blu-Ray. Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs with a killer band. After that, everything else seemed kinda pale by comparison.

Today was 50 and sunny in Central IL, so we took a drive to see what the dispensary scene was like in Our Fair City. Everywhere else looked like any other day, but WOW the crowds at the dispensaries! Hundreds of folks in line outside at both places. They’ve been open since early morning, and we drove by in the late afternoon. Can’t imagine that there is anything else left for sale but scraps!

Quiet night with the family in a hotel. A half glass of over-priced hotel champagne after watching the Keith/ Jumping Jack Flash thing on tv. No headache this year. The roaring 20’s ......:tearsofjoy:

...low point....most of the rest....Keith urban covering Jumpin Jak Flash was ....interesting (did I spy an FC on stage??

Keith Urban looked like he didn't want to be on stage with The Struts - can't blame him.

There wasn't much compelling music to be found. . .

.........so , my hope to have heard some good tales of excess and debauchery are dashed by people with morality, self control and schedules .....what a disappointment.........:cool:
Ha ha, that’s just the way it goes! I don’t drink much anymore either, but in my heydays of old, I do recall that if you could remember to take a couple Advil before you crashed.....it was like magic.....no hangover! :)

3 gigs at December 31. No time for drinking. I'll try tonight ;)

I use to drink some beer before/during gigs. But not when I have 3 2 hour gigs in different places with 30 minutes in between. When I arrived home I got one beer from the refrigerator, but I was so tired I didn't even open it.

The 1920’s weren’t “roaring” until well after the fact. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. Turn on the news. Two days in and it’s already a shitshow.

Back
Top Bottom