First buys

Hi guys, new happy ax8 owner here. :D
I was ready to pull the trigger and get the mega pack from fremen + ownhammer IR’s (412 MRBW GNR, Core tone bundle, Class A Duo) but a friend recommended me choptones’ presets and IR’s so I’d like to hear your experience with these.

I play in a cover band over the weekend but for the rest of the week I play in the clean and overdriven tone range.

I’d play with a Les paul std and a dlx rdhouse Strat.

Didn’t see anything about the choptones, anyone?
I've bought the 'Metal Pack Vol.2 for AX8' from @Choptones on recent Black Friday. As of today these are my favorite presets for heavier stuff. I also have the 'Metal & Brit' pack from Fremen, it's great, no doubt, and it includes much more presets, but I personally like those crushing tones from choptones' pack a little bit more.

Hi guys, new happy ax8 owner here. :D
I was ready to pull the trigger and get the mega pack from fremen + ownhammer IR’s (412 MRBW GNR, Core tone bundle, Class A Duo) but a friend recommended me choptones’ presets and IR’s so I’d like to hear your experience with these.

I play in a cover band over the weekend but for the rest of the week I play in the clean and overdriven tone range.

I’d play with a Les paul std and a dlx rdhouse Strat.
Dude, a really good tip I can give you is, go through all the stock ones, and find out what you like about the ones you like, and what you don't like about the ones you don't like.. make sense? The Cab Block can sometimes play a bigger role in the tone than even the amp! That being said, some IR's work beautifully with some amps and very bad with others.

A good tip is to find out the cab/speaker preferences of your "idols", and try out the IR versions of those cabs. Most of them will probably be in the stock cabs anyway. I avoided this for 3 years with my Axe FX II, but the truth is that the way you're gonna make the best out of dialing in some killer tones, is to learn the function of all the parameters in the amp and in the cab block. It's a hectic task, but once you get it, you can almost dial anything in your head.

I've bought the 'Metal Pack Vol.2 for AX8' from @Choptones on recent Black Friday. As of today these are my favorite presets for heavier stuff. I also have the 'Metal & Brit' pack from Fremen, it's great, no doubt, and it includes much more presets, but I personally like those crushing tones from choptones' pack a little bit more.

Thanks for your support!

Back
Top Bottom