First big show with Axe-fx II FW 3.0 beta... Thoughts and "first" impressions...

I guess that's a cover of "Pardon Me." He's got balls of steel taking a beta code to the show. I guess it's pretty stable then. Stable enough for the rest of us, perhaps. ;)

It's pretty obvious that the picture says it all.

I just hope Fractal will be supplying the burn relief cream for those who ignite on stage like Mortega76 did.

You guys are funny... :lol

Ok... here it goes... we went on stage about 9:30pm and we were setup and just when the FOH guy asked for us to sound check... the Trip Recto kicked up and it sounded good... and when they asked for my sound check I kicked up a power chord and I was blown away at how good it sounded... I decided to use the Cameron Channel 2 with the LMH all at about 1 o'clock and kicked up the master to about 4-5 and maaaaann.... it was mean... it's almost like a having single coiled aggression with a humbucker sound... gotta tweak it to kick down some of that top end but daaaaaaaamn... loved the sound. Gotta work on my clean patch, didn't tweak it at from 2.01 to 2.1 (3.0 beta).

Never mind my guitar went out of tune pretty bad on the 3rd song (capo)... Axe-fx II kicked major arse all night... Thanks again for great work on 2.xx and now 3.xx Cliff.

As I've said this in the past... Ultra 5.xx - 11.xx and Axe-fx II 1.xx were always missing that girth and high end bite... now... it's there in spades with 3.0... No need for a tube power amp for me now... Thanks a whole heck of a lot for all your efforts Cliff.

P.S. There's still this low end "rumble" that I'm missing a little bit when compared to the TripRec at lower gain, need to tweak it a bit more and I'm sure I'll get there... maybe it has something to do with the Trip being a 150 watt tube and the model is a 100 watt Dual Recto? We'll have to wait and see...

You guys are funny... :lol

Ok... here it goes... we went on stage about 9:30pm and we were setup and just when the FOH guy asked for us to sound check... the Trip Recto kicked up and it sounded good... and when they asked for my sound check I kicked up a power chord and I was blown away at how good it sounded... I decided to use the Cameron Channel 2 with the LMH all at about 1 o'clock and kicked up the master to about 4-5 and maaaaann.... it was mean... it's almost like a having single coiled aggression with a humbucker sound... gotta tweak it to kick down some of that top end but daaaaaaaamn... loved the sound. Gotta work on my clean patch, didn't tweak it at from 2.01 to 2.1 (3.0 beta).

Never mind my guitar went out of tune pretty bad on the 3rd song (capo)... Axe-fx II kicked major arse all night... Thanks again for great work on 2.xx and now 3.xx Cliff.

As I've said this in the past... Ultra 5.xx - 11.xx and Axe-fx II 1.xx were always missing that girth and high end bite... now... it's there in spades with 3.0... No need for a tube power amp for me now... Thanks a whole heck of a lot for all your efforts Cliff.

P.S. There's still this low end "rumble" that I'm missing a little bit when compared to the TripRec at lower gain, need to tweak it a bit more and I'm sure I'll get there... maybe it has something to do with the Trip being a 150 watt tube and the model is a 100 watt Dual Recto? We'll have to wait and see...

Check your PM box.

Not trying to curse anyone, but I have a small gig tomorrow night and I DON'T want new firmware until after that-I know I won't be able to resist messing with it.

And I was just about to say that it was a pic of his hair catching on fire cuz he wanted to tell the world how KILLER v 3.0 sounded, and then he remembered about the nondisclosure agreement... ;-)

@MO where yall playing this weekend?
Unfortunately our we played our last show with our drummer... for whatever reason he and the percussionist couldn't get along... if you know of any drummers, definitely send them our way please!

mortega... are you setup with guitar -> afx2, direct out to FOH? do you have any other signal path in there?
I actually setup my patches to utilize Out1 to FOH and Out2 to SS/Cab... I was trying to A/B as closely as I could to our PA which consists of two 2x15 Peavey PV215's powered by a Peavey PV2800 and the closest IR that I could get was with Factory 12 (IIRC) (to my Marshall 1960 with G12T-75/V30). I had much less gain and much less girth so I scratched that... need to make an IR of my stuff... if I only knew how. Not saying it's the best (or even a good) PA... but I just didn't like how it sounded, even when I cranked it really loud.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom