First AX8 recording

skyhighrocks

Inspired
Update: I added one of the presets I used in the clip. It's not the exact preset as I don't normally save after recording but this is pretty close. Let me know what you think!
It's the Dr Z 66 with Uber V30. There are 3 scenes...scene 1 is amp, cab and reverb. Scene 2 adds a drive for more gain and scene 3 adds the drive, volume boost and delay for leads.

Had to learn the new Bon Jovi tune for my band so figured I'd try recording with the AX8 for the first time since I received it. There are 4 guitar tracks:

Left side is a combo of a Blues Jr and 5153 Blue
Right side is a combo of Dr Z 66 and Plexi 50 watt jumped
Bass is the AX8 as well using one of the models...can't remember which one but the cab was the 8x10.

It's not the whole song...just the intro, verse, pre-chorus and chorus and another verse I believe. I think I got in the ballpark with the tones.

Drums are just superior drummer...didn't really spend much time on them as you can hear. Everything recorded in Logic Pro X.

http://richardantonelli.com/track/1...ovi-this-house-is-not-for-sale?autostart=true

Attachments

• RA DR Z 66 wCAB.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Sounds great! Which amp are you planning on using for live?

I'm going to start off using my actual 5153 amp and the AX8 for fx but I've dialed in some other presets to use the amp models. For this song I'll be using the Dr. Z 66 model.

Did you play each track or re-amp?

I played each track. I feel you get a wider sound if you play different takes and then blend/pan them. Just using 1 track and panning doesn't give the same broad spectrum for the sound. When the tracks aren't perfect to each other, it sounds bigger, as long as it's close.

Hey, thanks for sharing the preset!
Scene 2 with the drive block engaged is my favourite, but I had a great rise of volume compared with scene 1, I lowered the level parameter of the drive block to 1.20 and now sounds more balanced between scenes to my ears

Back
Top Bottom