First 24hrs

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
Coming from the Axe-FxIII and wanting to slim down my live rig I got the FM3 yesterday. It sounds great on factory presets which in the past I never cared for and my presets from the Axe-FxIII dropped right in with a little block rearranging and they sound the same as its big brother. The FM3 isn't as loud as the Axe-FxIII so I boosted the output 1 from -10db to 4db and it was almost too loud so I am just going to leave it on -10 and turn it up. I run Axe-FxIII at 51% and the FM3 is at78% to get around the same output. I am running it with my FC-12 so I used my layouts from the Axe-FxIII and they work with no problems. There is more gap switching between presets and its a little annoying but I plan to mostly use scenes which don't have any gap if going between the same amp channels, slight gap with different amps on other channels which I expected, just a tad more gap there than Axe-FxIII but not bad. My temperature on the FM3 in an air conditioned environment is between 89 and 93f. I haven't heard any fan noise at all. At first I thought it was more noisy than the Axe-FxIII but the noise gate offset on the FM3 was set at 0 and the Axe-FxIII at 20db, once I switched it to match, the noise seemed to be on par with my Axe-FxIII.
It's a tiny beast and I'm looking forward to gigging it hopefully soon. Gigs held back until August with the Covid-19, just hope we get past this and we can all enjoy live music soon. Thanks.

Congrats. I saw the FM-3 as a modest improvement over my prior AX8 for the first four weeks I had it during the pandemic. Then I took it to our first opening back up rehearsal. Whole different breast. Really sounds great at volume. I can't describe the difference, but my band mates all think it sounds better than the prior unit.

I am, however, having a really hard time wrapping my head around how to program the footswitches. I opted to go OMG-9 after failing to be able to play, sing and choose between either a three button tap or hold at the same time. Either upgrading up to 1.04 and back down to 1.03 or installing the OMG-9 software is causing a number of bugs that I will post about elsewhere. I am with you on hoping for live music soon, but unfortunately, I think it is still probably too soon.

Back
Top Bottom