Firmware version

jyflorida

Power User
MFC-Edit 7.0 is giving me an error when I click on the IA Switches and Base Config tabs: "Sorry you must have firmware >= 3.08 loaded in your MFC101 to use this feature".

I am running 3.08 in the MFC. The version displayed in the upper-right of the editor shows 3.5.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks!

Fixed it - went to Help -> Reset Everything. Changed all my preferences back, then received a dump from the MFC. Proper firmware release was then showing in the editor.

Sorry for the delay. I just saw this now. When you first tried you had opened a sysex dump taken from the MFC when it had version 3.5 firmware installed. In 3.6 and 3.7 the structures changed significantly internally so they would not be compatible with all the controls available in the effect block/control panel of MFC-Edit version 7.x so I decided to block its usage.

I'm glad that you figured it out though.

Sorry for the delay. I just saw this now. When you first tried you had opened a sysex dump taken from the MFC when it had version 3.5 firmware installed. In 3.6 and 3.7 the structures changed significantly internally so they would not be compatible with all the controls available in the effect block/control panel of MFC-Edit version 7.x so I decided to block its usage.

I'm glad that you figured it out though.

Thanks Gary! Fell back on the old "when all else fails, reset everything" adage.

Back
Top Bottom