Firmware Version 10.12 Now Available

Seems that since it's in the eq block it should be able to be changed in the amp block, would save a block, and some cpu. Could have it default to the mark eq on the boogies too :)

But it adds something special missing from the mark amps. Added it to my MkIIc+ patch and it was instantly better. Thanks for this long asked for addition.

Isn't there too much emphasis on this specific aspect?
Is there really (that much of) a difference?

The power Amp reacts to the EQ fed to it, just as the difference in Eq before and after pre amp ,but not as dramatic , so I think it's a notable difference ! Just my opinion!

Seems that since it's in the eq block it should be able to be changed in the amp block, would save a block, and some cpu. Could have it default to the mark eq on the boogies too :)

But it adds something special missing from the mark amps. Added it to my MkIIc+ patch and it was instantly better. Thanks for this long asked for addition.
not really a Boogie head like many around here, so I don't really care that much about the perfect 5 band EQ emulation, but that sounds like a reasonable idea, having selectable EQs inside the amp block.

Enhancements for AE3. hmmmm...Do we have an estimate on the release of AE3?
soon-ish.jpg

Really glad the Mark EQ was added, although I would like to see it in the EQ section on the amp block just so that it can be true to the amp. Regardless I'm happy, sounds sick!!!

First attempt at updating failed and I got a version number display page from the AXE util page up and an error message from Fractal Bot. I suspect this was because Windows Update was doing an update while Fracta Bot 1.25 was working and something happened. Restarted Windows 8, tried again and this time the update went fine.

Same preset has about one 1dB more volume and unless im hearing something wrong just a tiny tiny bit more mids.

Anyways. All is fine :)

Thanks, Cliff!!

Cliff - the Cut switch is seriously a master stroke..
simple.. and very effective...

and now I can't leave my beloved VH4 vh3 alone...
you do realise that you've just triggered a VH4 ch3 vs Herbert ch2+ shootout in my presets... lol..
jeez.. lmao..

by the way..
the Euro Red Modern is pure joy....

anyways...
massive thanks for 10.12..
love it ! !

Added Type parameter to Graphic EQ block. This allows selecting between a 10-band, 8-band, 7-band or 5-band EQ. The 7-band and 8-band types emulate popular graphic EQ pedals. The 5-band type emulates the response of the on-board EQ in the Mesa Boogie Mark series amplifiers....

Finally (I've been suggesting adding a "Mesa Mode" to the EQ block since the Axe-Fx Standard was a new product)!!!!

Thank you!!!! :D

Would be great to have that EQ-Type parameter for the EQ that's inside the AMP block as well. I may be mistaken but I thought the AMP EQ was in the same position (relative to other circuitry) as the EQ on real Mesa Boogie Mk amps so being able to use it on the Axe in 5 band mode would better allow MB Mk modelling without the need for a separate EQ block (maybe this new parm is there in the Amp block but I don't see it in the advanced tab).

That's one of the first things I thought of. The Amp block's EQ page definitely needs to have the Type parameter added to it as well.

Low Cut

Question on the new Low Cut feature.
To remove unwanted Low Frequencies to date I have been adjusting Lo Frequency from default 20hz to approximately 100hz in the CAB block.
Should I know set it back to default and engage the new Low cut switch in the AMP block ?
Is this used primarily for Hi Gain patches?

Thx !

Love the cut feature

Question on the new Low Cut feature.
To remove unwanted Low Frequencies to date I have been adjusting Lo Frequency from default 20hz to approximately 100hz in the CAB block.
Should I know set it back to default and engage the new Low cut switch in the AMP block ?
Is this used primarily for Hi Gain patches?

Thx !

The Low Cut is before the distortion so it sounds different than cutting bass in the cab block.

I won't have an opportunity to update until Tuesday. It's great to be able to read feedback from other users in the meantime. The Lo-cut switch is a most welcome addition, as are the new EQ modes (especially the Mesa 5-band!). I'm looking forward to taking the new Bogner's for a spin as well.

As always - many thanks to Cliff and FAS for the fantastic product support and development you provide to your users free of charge. Yet one more amazing feature of this mind blowing product. :)

Another awesome update! Best gear purchase ever and I feel like I am just scratching the surface of its capabilities. Thanks again.

Thanks Cliff! More Ecstasy please!!! Great update but don't stop with that Ecstasy until all the switches are modeled: structure, boost, plexi, pre-eq, excursion, etc. You can even model the handle, grill, and feet for all I care. I'd break down and buy my own if Reinhold would give me access to all of the advanced parameters! :D

Back
Top Bottom