Firmware Version 10.10 Now Available

Damn, already? All right! Too bad I won't be able to try the new stuff until tomorrow. Can you tell us more about the Thordendal amps?

9W1WORE.jpg

Loooove the wah. It sings, way more musical now. Bye-bye supa quack, I loved you so!

The input gain knob was a surprise, messing around with different settings along with SAT and COMP provided some interesting textures on a clean 800 preset. Still need to try out the new amps but my fingers hurt :) .... Studio reverb, also very nice! Thanks again FAS :)

Cliff,

Thanks yet again! I love promoting such a great product to all of my tube buddies, and hearing their disbelief. Haha, keep up the great work!!

Lee

The input gain knob was a surprise, messing around with different settings along with SAT and COMP provided some interesting textures on a clean 800 preset.

Gain is what Drive used to be. No differences here with previous firmware.

This sounds most excellent, but I really would like Fractal to adopt a better firmware version numbering system. These are pretty major changes yet the firmware is just one number from the previous one. I think people would get a better idea if a new firmware is a major update vs bugfix if you just used the major.minor.veryminor (e.g. "version 1.5.2") numbering that is common to most software nowadays. Also always posting the release notes in the first post in the thread would be tremendously helpful.

This sounds most excellent, but I really would like Fractal to adopt a better firmware version numbering system. These are pretty major changes yet the firmware is just one number from the previous one. I think people would get a better idea if a new firmware is a major update vs bugfix if you just used the major.minor.veryminor (e.g. "version 1.5.2") numbering that is common to most software nowadays. Also always posting the release notes in the first post in the thread would be tremendously helpful.

Cliff has stated that a major upgrade number is assigned only in case of a major update of the amp modeling.

The release notes are in the 6th post.

It's pretty straight forward already...Cliff has already stated that if any firmware drastically changes the sound it will be a full number change as opposed to a '.' revision regardless of what amp sims or features are added. It's actually a good system since a lot of folks complain of how firmware updates screw their patches up and such. Keep in mind, no one is forcing anyone to update at any time. If you like where you're current at, then stay there and let everyone else enjoy the ride.

Back
Top Bottom