Firmware Version 10.06 Now Available

AWESOME,
Question, What about the V10 banks......are they being redone? Do they have incorrect amps in them ?
thx

I noticed that as well. When using the axe edit, I would select a preset from the axe, and the amp in the layout and the amp it's supposed to be are 2 different things.

Thanks Cliff/FAS for yet another fantastic update!! :)

The Komet sounds/feels freaking amazing!

Added “FAS Modern II” model. This is a tighter version of the popular FAS Modern model with a 5150-style bass boost in the tone stack.

Even tighter than the FAS Modern...
xMl16x5.jpg

USA lead sounds much better now. When I first upgraded to to 10.02 It seemed like there was high freq. Overtone on my USA lead patch that wasn't there on previous firmwares. I upgraded to 10.06 and I don't hear it now. Was the problem with the rectos only on the low end or is it possible this high freq overtone was caused by the problem? Or maybe I caused it myself by trying to dial out the low end. Anyway, sounds much better now. I actually downgraded back to 7 for a awhile and now when I went to 10.06 this time it was very effortless to redial in my USA lead patch. Sounds great now thanks

Was USA lead changed????? I don´t think so?

Not simply, more level, more middle, less gain, less bass, and this on the Recto, 5150 and Uber, i must rework all my presets, for now i return on the 10.05 for a moment.

Probably, the AMPs have to be reset, i.e. select another amp and reselect the concerned amp. For me it works, i.e. the level decreases. The problem is that this has to be done for almost all presets, very annoying. I hope there will be once a FW which is able to automatically reset the amps in all presets after uploading the new FW.
Moreover, I experienced the same problem with the user cabs (as already mentioned several times from other users), i.e. user cabs have to be reset, too.

Probably, the AMPs have to be reset, i.e. select another amp and reselect the concerned amp. For me it works, i.e. the level decreases. The problem is that this has to be done for almost all presets, very annoying. I hope there will be once a FW which is able to automatically reset the amps in all presets after uploading the new FW.
Moreover, I experienced the same problem with the user cabs (as already mentioned several times from other users), i.e. user cabs have to be reset, too.

This is one instance where I have a 5 week break from the band. So I'm going to keep checking for the comments about 10.06 and see if any nasty bugs require a response from Fractal for a 10.07 before I upgrade. But I agree, it is "disruptive" to have to go back through everything after an upgrade. I almost wish the upgrades left everything old in tact, and simply gave us the opportunity to forge ahead whenever we programmed new presets, to discover the benefits of the new upgrade. But I understand that there would be guys who were happy with the v6 or v7 presets, and complaining that v10 ruined them. Eventually everyone can benefit from SPRING CLEANING.

And that's what I'm probably going to in 4 weeks. Wipe out everything old, and start over.

Was USA lead changed????? I don´t think so?

If I wasn't it must have been something I tweaked the first time upgrading to cause the high freq overtone issue. I don't know why but after upgrading to 10.06 It seemed much easier to dial in. Possibly the cab also. When I upgraded the second time I started off with an ownhammer v32 v2 cab. The first time I upgraded I switched switched to the ownhammer cab after I tweaked a bit

IIRC, Cliff explained the amp reset, switching to a different amp type and back, resets the master volume to his recommended setting for that amp model.

That means if your preset had a higher or lower master setting, that will change (along with setting the defaults for any new advanced parameters).

See the thread about volume drop and 10.06 for details.

Richard

I almost wish the upgrades left everything old in tact, and simply gave us the opportunity to forge ahead whenever we programmed new presets, to discover the benefits of the new upgrade. But I understand that there would be guys who were happy with the v6 or v7 presets, and complaining that v10 ruined them. Eventually everyone can benefit from SPRING CLEANING
And that's what I'm probably going to in 4 weeks. Wipe out everything old, and start over.

I was thinking the same thing,leave current presets as is and anything new is from the latest installed firmware
It would be so cool having constant access to the tones from previous FW releases too

I was thinking the same thing,leave current presets as is and anything new is from the latest installed firmware
It would be so cool having constant access to the tones from previous FW releases too

Not if it means delaying improved firmware for weeks or months!

I find it easier to save my Banks and System,....then upgrade and if not too drastic a change,....live with it and tweak (while still gigging) and fine tune as needed.

If too drastic a change as fw10.xx is....I roll back for the gigs....and in-between go back to the newest fw and tweak!

I think it is fun as heck!

Not if it means delaying improved firmware for weeks or months!

I find it easier to save my Banks and System,....then upgrade and if not too drastic a change,....live with it and tweak (while still gigging) and fine tune as needed.

If too drastic a change as fw10.xx is....I roll back for the gigs....and in-between go back to the newest fw and tweak!

I think it is fun as heck!

True that,I'm going to adopt your strategy,thats a good idea

I just installed 10, and I've only played through headphones, but I have to say bravo. This sounds and feels the best the axe has ever been for me. Genius.

True that,I'm going to adopt your strategy,thats a good idea

Yes, and with Fractalbot it is darn quick!

Only thing at the moment is that it does not receive data yet, but it is forthcoming!

I'm using Sysex Librarian to backup and Fractalbot to send data to the Axe.

Is the comet's master volume suppose to be on 10 ? When going through the amps that amp seems a lot louder than most others. When I reset the Comet the master is set on 10. Sounds good eather way thanks gary

Last edited:
It's a non-Master Volume amp, so it defaults to 10.
If it's too loud, turn down Level.

Here's a hint for anyone who's not getting good stuff out of the 5153 Red on 10.06. You may have to go into the cab block and do the same "back and forth" cab model switch as you do with the amp model when you first upgrade FW.

I have a very high gain 5153 Red patch that I rely on for just having fun with saturation. It was great in FW9, got muddy but also lots of juicy and realistic low end in 10.00, but then sounded like crap when I first upgraded to 10.06. Seriously, it was almost like a POD or some such. Once I shuttled the cab models back and forth (OH beta Bogner V31s), it instantly got good. Real good.

Even with this, you will still need to redo your amp settings, since the model is now considerably different. I had to turn up the master volume and turn down the drive a little bit, as well as turning down the boost a little in the PEQ block I put before the amp as an overdrive. I also raised the treble a bit, since the harshness is gone. You will be amazed at how much clearer the 5153 Red is now, but still with tons of body once you get the settings right.

Back
Top Bottom