Firmware Version 10.06 Now Available

Thanks Cliff and team.

Just can't stop being amazed by the axefx and now the updates. So much to do and enjoy.

Love EF86 based preamps so you scored great for me!

Briefly checked out the AC20 Dlx and its a great substitute for the AC15TB but more like the first AC15 which had the EF86 and no top boost. Eg The Shadows version of Apache!

So the Dizzy v4 has been re-done, could there be a problem with the Herbie ch3? That is my main high gain amp and I have to stay on FW9.02 because the Herbie is flubby on 10 for me. I don't use cab sims, only real cabs with a tube power amp. I would like to start using 10 but I can't start from scratch right now, I use a ton of presets with my band. Just checking, love my setup but would like to use 10!!!

upgraded without any concerns to new version and really enjoying it! thanks!

silly basic newbie question and apologies if it's been answered before tho... while going thru the presets it seems the different volume levels between some of the presets can be quite jarring - going from a soft quiet patch to a thick and crunchy patch for example... can you point me to the reason for this (i'm sure I'm just not thinking of the reason why) and not having the patches somehow normalized or auto-levelled? Is there a preferred method of having the output globally for all patches (without much tweaking) to be *about the same level* or is individual patch tweaking required?

appreciate any thoughts!
Thanks all!

Updated!
I had to go thru all of my presets and edit the cab blocks but that took me all of 20 minutes so no biggie.
Rectos sound really good and the FAS Modern II sounds great!
well done.

Very happy to be an Axe-FX II owner these days; thanks Fractal Audio, everything sounds marvelous :) ... Any bass amps out there? Especially FAS ones? ... :)

So the Dizzy v4 has been re-done, could there be a problem with the Herbie ch3? That is my main high gain amp and I have to stay on FW9.02 because the Herbie is flubby on 10 for me. I don't use cab sims, only real cabs with a tube power amp. I would like to start using 10 but I can't start from scratch right now, I use a ton of presets with my band. Just checking, love my setup but would like to use 10!!!

This is right now my favorite high gain model. Very full, very responsive, very little sizzle. But I'm running FRFR, gain @ under 5, MV @ 2, and 100hz cut in cab block.

- flubby for you eq-wise, or response-wise?
- What cabinet are you playing through?

I use four Krank cabs with a Mesa boogie 2/100 amp. Maybe its not flubby but its not tight And punchy like it was on 9.

Herbie is the opposite of flubby in FW10, I thought it got thinner. I like the Herbie as of FW10.
Not sure why yours would be flubby? Try selecting a different Cab cause a lot of Cabs were re-done like the Recto V30 for instance, if you were using that you might want to use the recently added Recto V30 (FW9) cab.

Nuestro amigo Piing desde tailandia propuso a Cliff la traducción del Santas Pelotas de Caca en lugar de Holy Shitballs, que es algo que creo que ACE VENTURA dice en sus película para expresar algo así como lo que dice JesusinJesusin "Ostia Puta este AXe es bueno del Copon"... hay un thread por ahí donde se ve que CLiff firmaba con Holy Shitballs y tras las propuesta de traducción "literal" de Piing la cambio al español. Claro que los Español hablantes ni decimos Santas Pelotas de CAca, ni tampoco Santa Mierda de Toro, no son expresiones nuestras... Nosotros decimos de Puta Madre, la Hostia, del Copon, Cojonudo, del carajo, etc... en fin, cosas así, Santas Pelotas de Caca suena feo, feo, feo...

Nuestro amigo Piing desde tailandia propuso a Cliff la traducción del Santas Pelotas de Caca en lugar de Holy Shitballs, que es algo que creo que ACE VENTURA dice en sus película para expresar algo así como lo que dice JesusinJesusin "Ostia Puta este AXe es bueno del Copon"... hay un thread por ahí donde se ve que CLiff firmaba con Holy Shitballs y tras las propuesta de traducción "literal" de Piing la cambio al español. Claro que los Español hablantes ni decimos Santas Pelotas de CAca, ni tampoco Santa Mierda de Toro, no son expresiones nuestras... Nosotros decimos de Puta Madre, la Hostia, del Copon, Cojonudo, del carajo, etc... en fin, cosas así, Santas Pelotas de Caca suena feo, feo, feo...

I love it when you talk dirty!

Ummmmm, upgraded and noticed that the user cabs appeared to have been overwritten so I decided to downgrade for the time being. Fractal Bot said the transfer was complete, but then my Axe-Fx screen was flickering. I restarted the unit and now it won't boot up; all the lights are on.

Am I going to lose my presets? The ones that I could not backup because Fractal Bot 1.2 is not ready and SysExLibrarian does not work for me.

Ummmmm, upgraded and noticed that the user cabs appeared to have been overwritten so I decided to downgrade for the time being. Fractal Bot said the transfer was complete, but then my Axe-Fx screen was flickering. I restarted the unit and now it won't boot up; all the lights are on.
Am I going to lose my presets? The ones that I could not backup because Fractal Bot 1.2 is not ready and SysExLibrarian does not work for me.

Have you tryed reset on boot method described in Update manual?

Back
Top Bottom