Firmware Version 10.06 Now Available

Outstanding Cliff!! Thank you so much!

Just doing a quick run through on the new amps. I am loving the Class A 20 DLX and the Ruby Rocket. The FAS Modern II just kills it for high gain. Superb work. Truly.

"Did you unzip the firmware? There should be 3 files with this. Just navigate to the folder where it was unzipped. Most likely "axefx2_10p06". You should see a file with the same name in there with the .syx extension, along with 2 pdf files when you're browsing."

Oh bother I did see that at one point - with the pdf files now cant find an Unzipped file anywhere -

Search for this file name: axefx2_10p06.syx

thank you thank you - I think I got it had to " extract " it then Fractal bot downloaded it - How do I know I got it though ? when I went to utility in< firmware> it says "version :10.06 Jun 5 2013 press enter to start update "

Is it supposed to say that ....

"Did you unzip the firmware? There should be 3 files with this. Just navigate to the folder where it was unzipped. Most likely "axefx2_10p06". You should see a file with the same name in there with the .syx extension, along with 2 pdf files when you're browsing."

Oh bother I did see that at one point - with the pdf files now cant find an Unzipped file anywhere -

You have a file called "axefx2_10p06.zip" that you downloaded. When you double click on that filename it should take you to whatever utility you use to unzip compressed folders (IE. WinRAR, WinZip). Within that application you should see 3 files 1) axefx2_10p06.syx 2) MIMIC.pdf 3) Release_Notes.pdf. You need to use the application to "extract" those three files to a folder of your choice. Most of them create one to the location where you downloaded the .zip file or you can direct it to where you wish.

Now you have a regular folder in that location next to the .zip one usually named the same. Something like this:
a_zps3b57b55b.jpg

Now if you open the regular folder you should see the three files again like this:
b_zps618cec1d.jpg

That is where you direct the Bot to go. Do not direct it to the .zip folder.

thank you thank you - I think I got it had to " extract " it then Fractal bot downloaded it - How do I know I got it though ? when I went to utility in< firmware> it says "version :10.06 Jun 5 2013 press enter to start update "

You are good to go. You have 10.06 loaded.

You have a file called "axefx2_10p06.zip" that you downloaded. When you double click on that filename it should take you to whatever utility you use to unzip compressed folders (IE. WinRAR, WinZip). Within that application you should see 3 files 1) axefx2_10p06.syx 2) MIMIC.pdf 3) Release_Notes.pdf. You need to use the application to "extract" those three files to a folder of your choice. Most of them create one to the location where you downloaded the .zip file or you can direct it to where you wish.

Now you have a regular folder in that location next to the .zip one usually named the same. Something like this:
a_zps3b57b55b.jpg

Now if you open the regular folder you should see the three files again like this:
b_zps618cec1d.jpg

That is where you direct the Bot to go. Do not direct it to the .zip folder.

Thank you so much Cobbler I did just that and its all set up - looked in cabs and theres the new ones COOL - Funny Ive only had it exactly a week and its all NEW again -
this is awesome - thank you so much for helping -

Yes. Sounds like you got it now.

Wow! Thanks for all the hard work, Cliff and gang! What you do is why I am here. I am constantly blown away... Pure awesomeness ;).

@ Mark' s Tone: You posted a question asking what was used on the USA Clean in FW V9 for cab, amp,and settings. You must have deleted it as I was checking it out. Since I went through the effort I thought I would post the reply anyway...
---------
I guess you caught me on a good day as anyone can do this quite easily. :) I loaded up 9.02 and V9 Bank A. It's so simple and quick to do now with the Bot and I encourage everyone to save all your previous firmware and banks locally on your machine. They take up very little space and give you the ability to reload in a hearbeat for whatever reason.

The cab on the USA Lead was 4 X 12 Recto v30 which I now restored at factory cab location 126. The amp used was USA LEAD 2. Here are the settings completely untouched from the default state.

HtTPKU8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom