Firmware Version 10.03 Up

I cant remember what 10.01 sounded like anymore, I guess I've accepted the new firmware lol. I find it more natural sounding, but I liked the ability to go into the unnatural area in the old version. Whatever you have to work with what you have at some point and not worry about it. The axe is still better then any tube solution i've ever played by about 1000 miles. On to the next! Can't wait for firmware 10.04 to start the debates all over... what a sad bunch of tone junkies we are :lol:

10.03 has been like pulling teeth for me. Redoing every patch in microscopic
detail. It does sound more natural, the effects sound richer and more vibrant.
But I still prefer the feel of 10.01 for live playing. Much easier to get the punch
and cut I want.

shredi knight said:
It's like there's a new "Bland" control added to the amp block and it's turned all the way up. :(
Wouldn't it be a factor that you're listening to much less volume now to need more highs or something? Or have you given up on that? :p

I've had to lower the tweeter for the first time a week ago.
I do feel that something was added and something was "taken away" a bit, but I have that a lot of the time, *and* I don't really know what I'm talking about either :mrgreen:

I was VERY hesitant to load 10.03, and I really liked what I had with 10.02, but, out of complete boredom, and feeling confident that I could always reload 10.02, I loaded 10.03 for a test... I came out feeling what a few others have stated... feels like it "tamed the high end"... also feels a little meatier ( which could be the reduction in high end...)... I kinda like it... will take a few more days to play with it, but it is pretty apparent that Cliff is one ridiculously intelligent dude... :D

I think i'm now "used to" 10.03 and after a huge tweaking session of my 10.01 presets i can get good results with it.
What's next ? 10.1 ? ^^

Back
Top Bottom