Firmware v1.04 freezes box after few hours

mepex

I installed the 1.04 firmware and FM3 sw two days ago, and appreciate some of the fixes and improvements, but after a period of time, probably a couple of hours or so, definitely overnight, the box completely freezes. It still produces sound for the patch selected, but none of the buttons or knobs do anything. Only power cycling the box brings it back. I've tried it both connected and unconnected to the computer via USB. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Doing some testing now... it takes hours for this to appear, so I can't yet get a handle on the conditions.

Ok it definitely locks up on other presets, including stock presets. One thing that motivated me to upgrade to 1.04 is the midi clock fix. I do have a laptop providing a sync clock to the unit (and the tempo now works, which is good). But I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. I'm sure providing a MIDI clock isn't that common of a thing, and I would imagine more people would see this issue if it happened with a stock preset under general conditions. Will do more testing today without the MIDI connection and I'll see if I can still get it to lock up.

Maybe it’s time to contact Fractal support. I haven’t experienced this.

Back
Top Bottom