Firmware-Updates of the upcoming FCs

Liquid22

Inspired
At the moment it tooks a few steps to update the MFC-101 ( Midi-wiring, maybe using the AC-Converter, change parameters back and froth...)

Although we not even have seen real Pictures of the FC 6 or 12, I was wandering if it will be possible to update the new FCs without a MIDI-Connection and therefor direct over Fastlink II ? (Same question for Backups)

Are there already any information out there about this?

The way I understand it, I think the logic and code are handled by the Axe-FX III, so that may make firmware within the controller itself a non-issue. Updates to the Axe-FX III should take care of any updates needed for the controller. Not 100% sure it goes that far, but that is kind of the way I thought it was planned on this round.

However dumb they may be, the new controllers will still have some firmware, I would guess... So updates may come, fixing bugs or what not.

The major functionality upgrades will have to be in the Axe though, that’s how I understand what has been said so far.

From what's been said, the FCs will not be updatable in the traditional sense. If anything, my guess is that any updates will come directly from a connected Axe-Fx III.

The FCs have USB and can be updated via that or FASLINK.

Ahh. That makes things clear now. Thanks

I suppose the USB / Faslink connection also enables backups (as long as the FC stores the control settings like the MFC 101)

May I ask, if FAS own software for managing the FCs is planed?

Ahh. That makes things clear now. Thanks

I suppose the USB / Faslink connection also enables backups (as long as the FC stores the control settings like the MFC 101)

May I ask, if FAS own software for managing the FCs is planed?

There is nothing to back up. All configuration data is stored in the Axe-Fx III.

There is no management software needed for the FC. Configuration is done via the Axe-Fx III (or Axe-Edit).

To the OP, please change the title from FIREWARE to FIRMWARE, I've already received 4 mails asking about FIREWIRE connection on the FC :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom