Firmware update help - please.

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
Last edited:
eureka

FYI I just spent 3-4 hrs. trying to update my MFC with PC 64 bit Windows 7-> via USB to AXE 2 out via midi-> to MFC

I tried Axe Edit, Midi Ox and Elektron C6... I kept getting 0% Complete or different error #'s, I only tried the Midi Ox a few times because they stated it's 32-bit

Axe and Elektron C6 I tried 12-15 times each, finally got the Elektron to work with a delay time of 100, none on turbo

Elektron link: Support and Downloads | Elektron scroll down and go to APPLICATIONS for download

I would add a step 6.5 to Yeks How-To-MFC (no offense Yek you are a superhero in my world, I'm just slow at this stuff) make sure to go to UTILITY on Axe 2... PAGE -> 4X'S and hit enter so Axe 2 reads AWAITING FILE - before sending info from Elektron to MFC

Yek is the man and s0c9 was of great help also for the Elektron link- I just didn't see anybody else going as high as 100 for the delay time in my reading/searching/hair-pulling - for my chain of gear that made all the difference

I also changed USB ports even though my Axe 2 doesn't seem to care which port I'm attached too, this has a difference in the past when I updated my Ultra to 11

Best of luck!

FYI... I'm a total newb but didn't have any problems updating my Axe 2

Last edited:
I also got errors until I followed the manual's advice to introduce a delay between messages. 100 ms did the trick.

yeah.. you need to make the interface as SLOW as possible.. especially using C6 :)

Back
Top Bottom