Firmware update 20.03 failing

Nick Wood

Not sure if i'm the only one but my firmware updates have started failing. Originally on 20.01 never had problems in the past. Realised there had been an interim USB update so performed that with no problem (to 1.14). still 20.03 wouldn't install. It fails saying

No response received.

Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again.

Found and downloaded 20.02 but that came up the same response.
Anything i'm missing?

many thanks

Have you updated Axe-Edit? Are you launching Fractal Bot from within Axe-Edit? If yes to both, swap your USB cable and try again.

Not sure if i'm the only one but my firmware updates have started failing. Originally on 20.01 never had problems in the past. Realised there had been an interim USB update so performed that with no problem (to 1.14). still 20.03 wouldn't install. It fails saying

No response received.

Anything i'm missing?

many thanks
When talking about problems that occur on your computer, it really helps if you tell us what OS you are using, and what version it is.

If you are using Windows, what version of the USB driver is it? Where is the USB connected, to a separate, dedicated card, or the built in courtesy USB jacks?

Are you using a USB hub? Is it unpowered or powered? What USB version is it and is it attached to a matching USB port… like USB 3.0, or USB 2.1? How many other devices are attached to the hub? Is the hub daisy-chained from other hubs?

How long is the USB cable? Have you swapped out the cable with another, known-good cable?

Have you performed any tests to try to isolate the problem, like temporarily disconnecting all other USB devices, or moving to a different USB port?

Last edited:
Done all the basics and, like I said, the usb firmware went across ok so I can’t see it’s any of my cables or ports. And it runs fine on axe edit.

No response received.

Anything i'm missing?

many thanks
Late to the party but it's not just you. Takes me multiple attempts nearly every FW update. It eventually "sticks" around the 3rd/4th attempt though.

Back
Top Bottom