Firmware sound

Input level (assuming this is for the instrument input to the chassis) increase would make a hotter signal, more distorted, clean up less with volume knob on guitar. Perhaps seems silly and maybe I'm misunderstanding, but did you try the new firmware while putting your input level back to to the old value?

Hi Scott, I have been told that adjusting the input level will make no difference whatsoever, but you are saying it does?

Yet if turning it back to where you had it brings back the magic, then who cares what it's supposed to do or not do. It's a knob. Turn it and see what happens! If it fixes things, hit save. If it doesn't then move on.

Hi Scott, I have been told that adjusting the input level will make no difference whatsoever, but you are saying it does?
It does not for most of the range. As discussed by a few of us earlier, extreme low or high values CAN affect tone. If your input volume was around 6 before, it might have affected your tone, but you said you set it back to how you had it with no change.

It does not for most of the range. As discussed by a few of us earlier, extreme low or high values CAN affect tone. If your input volume was around 6 before, it might have affected your tone, but you said you set it back to how you had it with no change.

Yes I'v tried just about everything, I'm sure the problem is with the 808mod drive block it has become more distorted and harder to clean up. When I get time this week I am going to see if there is any other way of getting this sound with something else in its place. :(

Yes I'v tried just about everything, I'm sure the problem is with the 808mod drive block it has become more distorted and harder to clean up. When I get time this week I am going to see if there is any other way of getting this sound with something else in its place. :(
Well I mean, the designer of the whole thing said there were no changes... I'm not sure what to suggest. I'll look at your preset again and see if I can think of anything.

Or why don't you just reduce the Level in the Input/Gate block or something? Put a filter block before the drive block and turn the level down... Anything like that?

Well I mean, the designer of the whole thing said there were no changes... I'm not sure what to suggest. I'll look at your preset again and see if I can think of anything.

Or why don't you just reduce the Level in the Input/Gate block or something? Put a filter block before the drive block and turn the level down... Anything like that?

Will try that......

I upgraded from firmware 3.0 to 3.2 and have found my sound is quite different.
For my main sound I use the 808mod drive block into the Shiver clean amp.
On firmware 3.0 I had the 'drive' on the 808 set to '0' and it still gave me enough hair on my sound and it would also clean up very well.
Since I updated to 3.2 my sound is more overdriven and the drive is still at '0' but it is definitely more distorted and also does not clean up so well.

What has changed? Is it the amps or the drives or both?

Can I go back to version 3.0? Would it create a problem with the Axe going backwards etc...
And if I am able to go back to 3.0 where will I get it from?

TIA

I have had similar problems twice. Updating from FW17 to 18 changed everything and I had to go back to FW17. Quantum 1.0 fixed it and sounded great through Q2.4. When I updated to Q3 it sounded as if I had a blanket over my speakers. Had to go back to 2.4 to get a good sound. Weird?

I have had similar problems twice. Updating from FW17 to 18 changed everything and I had to go back to FW17. Quantum 1.0 fixed it and sounded great through Q2.4. When I updated to Q3 it sounded as if I had a blanket over my speakers. Had to go back to 2.4 to get a good sound. Weird?
i haven't experienced any of that and i flash firmware up and down all the time for customer support.

OK, I've tried loading Quantum 3.3 multiple times and then going back to 2.4. No doubt about it, with 2.4 my sound is more bright and crisp. It's a shame cause it keeps me from using Moke's presets which are Q3.2.

Back
Top Bottom