Firmware 9 Metal Demo - DAS METALL + FAS 6160

drawnacrol

Inspired

Schecter C-1 Custom - Metal Demo - YouTube

Playing some unaccompanied original riffs using a couple of different Das Metall and FAS 6160 patches. Cliff has really outdone himself with the latest firmware. Palm mutes are much more punchy/dynamic and everything feels much more repsonsive. Hi-gain tones have a 3D sound to them although the bareknucke pickups in my guitars could be behind that.

Guitar is a Schecter C-1 Custom with a Bare Knuckle Alnico Nailbomb in the bridge tuned to Drop-D.

I’m not sure what else Cliff has in store for the Axe-Fx II but suffice to say I’d be perfectly content if this was the last update!

Very nice. How do you like the schecter guitars? I tried a couple in the past and thought they did not have enough sustain. They were beautiful though. I think they had EMGs in them and were in the $700 range.

Sounds awesome, and nice playing. Did you do 2 takes and pan them left and right? Because it sounds like the guitar on one side is delayed a little bit which makes it sound huge...just wondering if that is part of the patch or if you did that after. What does your chain look like?
I am still on firmware 7...waiting till axe-edit comes out to upgrade since I hate using the front panel, so if this is what firmware 9 sounds like right out of the axe then DAMN...

Last edited:
Very nice. How do you like the schecter guitars? I tried a couple in the past and thought they did not have enough sustain. They were beautiful though. I think they had EMGs in them and were in the $700 range.

Cheers! I quite like Schecter. This is one of there better built models compared to others in its price range and since I've never found sustain a problem.(Mainly because I'm playing hi-gain where a lot of the time I have a hard noise gate). To be honest I don't have much trouble playing "lower" end guitars when they have a good setup and clean strings. Any tonal problems can be fixed with the axe using pre and post EQs.

Sounds awesome, and nice playing. Did you do 2 takes and pan them left and right? Because it sounds like the guitar on one side is delayed a little bit which makes it sound huge...just wondering if that is part of the patch or if you did that after. What does your chain look like?
I am still on firmware 7...waiting till axe-edit comes out to upgrade since I hate using the front panel, so if this is what firmware 9 sounds like right out of the axe then DAMN...

Thanks! The left speaker is the live take in the video. I then recorded another track with some harmonies and panned it 100% right. So both tracks are panned 100% to either side which gives it that full sound. There are some timing slip-ups since this wasn't to a click track or anything.

My chain is TS808 DAS METALL or FAS 6160 or the other 5153 emulation I think. Then into 1 or 2 cabs with multiple mics. Hi-pass + low Pass followed by some shelving EQs to tame any harshness in the highs or overpowering lows.

The one thing you will notice with Firmware 9 is how good palm mutes sound. In the first and second clip you can really hear the chunk/dynamics when palm muting open low notes and playing high notes. The front panel is a pain in the ass but Axe-edit should be along shortly.

Would it be at all possible for you to post a short clip of just one of the beginning guitars (just one take, mono, centered) so that I can use it as reference to get my guitars sounding good? I always think I have a good guitar tone, but then when I do 2 takes and pan them, it does not sound this full....

Sounds awesome man. On another note, I've never had an issue with the front panel. I tend to prefer it actually. I wish there were a way to save and recall FX blocks via the front panel. If there is, can someone let me know?

Good tones and riffs though.

Great tone man! Sounds like it would work nicely in a mix as well. BUT is that a Kemper I see on your desk!?!?! Haha

my schecter atx and blackouts has the best sustain of all my guitars, but the neck is tooooooooooo thick

Back
Top Bottom