Firmware 6: any changes to cpu usage?

Not quite. Every major firmware update increases CPU usage. It always has (I was around from the begin with the first Axe). There is no way V6 won't increase CPU usage. The last couple of Axe-FX II firmwares have added at least 5% to my CPU usage.
It's still an extrapolation based on historical data. You may be correct. But, there's still no current data to support your supposition. :)

It's still an extrapolation based on historical data. You may be correct. But, there's still no current data to support your supposition. :)
On the plus side, it has more basis that most of the V6-related posts this week. Bottom line is that those who know, aren't saying much besides "very soon".

Fact or speculation?

Probably quite noticably so. If you're running high CPU with the current firmware, be prepared to have to drop some blocks from your presets.

Niklas,

Just curious: Are you a Beta-Tester for Fractal Audio? I only ask, because I don't know how else you could confidently be telling users to "be prepared to drop some blocks from your presets" regarding the OP-question? (re: Axe-FX II CPU-usage.)

If you are a Beta-Tester or have spoken directly to someone who is, and you've experienced or ascertained that CPU-information as fact, then I sincerely appreciate your sharing that with us, because that's important information for game-planning presets/"preset real-estate!"

...Either way, I suppose we'll ALL find out soon enough (fingers-crossed - lol!)

Bill

I'm pretty sure v 6 dot Oh! adds at least 5 more mice creating CPU while running on their spinny thingy so it should be good.

"Probably quite noticably so". If you're running high CPU with the current firmware, be prepared to have to drop some blocks from your presets.
Wait a minute, I am pretty sure that is not a standard Magic Eight Ball Response.

You must have the new Super Magic Eight Ball with Dual Built In Micro Flux Capacitors and Simul-Class 12 core pseudo enhanced, extended response technology??

I'm going to be right, you can't add things without it taking more CPU ;)
IMO, they can, as long as it's more work for the amp CPU. Is that even measured at all? And that one still had a few % left.
They also can by "optimizing", but that always makes me fear they actually meant "compromising"...

So in the end... you are right ;)

Did you check my sig?
No. I now recall your status at a beta tester but does that refute or reinforce my comment about most V6 discussion being uninformed and those in the know not sharing much beyond "very soon"?

I think the reason we don't have 6.0 yet is because they have found out that most presets with reverb & delay are using 98% CPU!!

Um... well...6.0 is no longer release candidate. Parole denied!!

Back
Top Bottom