Firmware 3 Relay issues

serge20261

Inspired
Not quite sure if it's the nut behind the computer or the new firmware,for some reason I can't get the relays to switch my amp channel (Mesa Lonestar ),prior to the update all was fine.

Also totally confused,with the new footswitch feature,if I for example want the top four switches to be presets,and the bottom four to be scenes,is this something that's possible? Have no idea how to programme this.I would assume that when I Bank up I would have the next group of four presets.
I'm totally useless with this stuff,it's my second attempt with the FX8 having sold the first one out of sheer frustration,the quality of the effects are second to none,hence my return,just hope I don't lose to much more hair.

Fractal Team thank you for your commitment

The relay block now has more flexibility, including support for switching some bogner amps (looks like you have one in your pic?). Can you check if you have the Auto-off setting on? If so, try to change it back to latching, which is what fw2 supported.
See the release notes for more information (search for "NEW RELAY OPTIONS").

Also totally confused,with the new footswitch feature,

- if I for example want the top four switches to be presets,and the bottom four to be scenes,is this something that's possible?

- I would assume that when I Bank up I would have the next group of four presets.

Ok so.

- Yes, that's totally possible and really simple to do once you get it.
- When you change banks, you have to choose a preset within that bank, if you're using the Preset Switcher as normal. So you use the up and down bank to choose a lettered bank (eg Bank C) then click on one of the 8 footswitches to choose the preset in the bank...

With the new FW you can do a LOT more than that though.

I have my Preset A1 set up like this

S1 S2 S3 S4
Drive Delay Reverb Preset 2

But that's just what suits that song... other Presets are ONLY scenes... others are mostly stompboxes... it's all up to you now.

Here, I just did that - 4 scenes and 4 presets - took about 60 secs.

P7LnPhY.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so.

- Yes, that's totally possible and really simple to do once you get it.
- When you change banks, you have to choose a preset within that bank, if you're using the Preset Switcher as normal. So you use the up and down bank to choose a lettered bank (eg Bank C) then click on one of the 8 footswitches to choose the preset in the bank...

With the new FW you can do a LOT more than that though.

I have my Preset A1 set up like this

S1 S2 S3 S4
Drive Delay Reverb Preset 2

But that's just what suits that song... other Presets are ONLY scenes... others are mostly stompboxes... it's all up to you now.

Thanks for the response,Im quite thick,hopefully someone will post a video,in between FX8's I went to a RJM PBC switcher,the editor is very user friendly,if I can use it everyone can,just can't get my head around this at the moment,I had the switching happening,now it's not switching,have no idea what's up

Thanks for the response,Im quite thick,hopefully someone will post a video,in between FX8's I went to a RJM PBC switcher,the editor is very user friendly,if I can use it everyone can,just can't get my head around this at the moment,I had the switching happening,now it's not switching,have no idea what's up

I don't use relays, so I can't really help with that, but I can step you through setting up what I did above if you want.. I could probably even make a little (VERY LOFI) video if you want... ?

I don't use relays, so I can't really help with that, but I can step you through setting up what I did above if you want.. I could probably even make a little (VERY LOFI) video if you want... ?
That's so nice of,I would really appreciate that.

Thank you so much
I had to film it upside down (tripod issues) so that means I had to flip it... so it took an extra couple mins. Uploading it now... should be up in about 5 mins. If it's unclear or makes you more confused, just let me know and I'll try again to explain it.. .it really did throw me at first.. but now... I wouldn't go back to the old way.

Here it is... I used the wrong terminology a few times (eg I called the Footswitch Page on the display the Footswitch Scene) but if you watch the whole thing it should be clear.

Here it is... I used the wrong terminology a few times (eg I called the Footswitch Page on the display the Footswitch Scene) but if you watch the whole thing it should be clear.

Firstly Can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this,lot clearer.At the moment I have some 40 presets basically my setlist,from what I understood I have to go to each individual preset and programme the scene and preset buttons,as per your video, am I on the right track

The relay block now has more flexibility, including support for switching some bogner amps (looks like you have one in your pic?). Can you check if you have the Auto-off setting on? If so, try to change it back to latching, which is what fw2 supported.
See the release notes for more information (search for "NEW RELAY OPTIONS").
Hi definitely on latching

Firstly Can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this,lot clearer.At the moment I have some 40 presets basically my setlist,from what I understood I have to go to each individual preset and programme the scene and preset buttons,as per your video, am I on the right track

Absolutely right!

And the thing is... I had a tonne of presets for my setlist in FW2. I have gone back and edited a bunch of them in FW3, but ONLY the ones I needed to. So, if there's no benefit to you to change the functionality of the footswitches in a preset, then don't! and have a good think about your workflow before you start changing things.

Now that we no longer need to use sticky scenes, the long press on the Preset switcher is suddenly always available to us without any messing around... I hope that's clear. So if you don't NEED to have quick access to 4 presets in every Preset, don't.

The rule is now, do what works for you. So have a good think about what suits YOUR needs.

If you run into problems, just let me know and I'll happily help!

Absolutely right!

And the thing is... I had a tonne of presets for my setlist in FW2. I have gone back and edited a bunch of them in FW3, but ONLY the ones I needed to. So, if there's no benefit to you to change the functionality of the footswitches in a preset, then don't! and have a good think about your workflow before you start changing things.

Now that we no longer need to use sticky scenes, the long press on the Preset switcher is suddenly always available to us without any messing around... I hope that's clear. So if you don't NEED to have quick access to 4 presets in every Preset, don't.

The rule is now, do what works for you. So have a good think about what suits YOUR needs.

If you run into problems, just let me know and I'll happily help!
Thanks for your help extremely helpful,now to tackle my relay issue

Back
Top Bottom