AFIII Firmware 3.01 new Reverbs

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
OK guys the first thing I did just came back from NAMM is to install the FW 3.01
The improvements of the simulations is amazing!
But first a did a test of the new "clouds" Reverbs.... Listen yourself.....
Pay attention about the quality! Even if the decay time si longer and mix to 22% you can play any note with create a mess.... only very high quality reverbs can do this.
Thank you Fractal!

Last edited:
When using the Plex Verb the Low Cut and High Cut are very powerful controls. For pad-like sounds try Low Cut around 250 and High Cut around 2K. Experiment with different values to create different textures.
I normally don’t use a lot of effect for the jazz stuff I play, and I may be late to the party on this but cutting out low frequencies helps me get the effect I want, the note definition I need and the reverbs/delay never sounds muddy. Good stuff...thanks.

Thanks Marco...sounds great!

OK guys the first thing I did just came back from NAMM is to install the FW 3.01
The improvements of the simulations is amazing!
But first a did a test of the new "clouds" Reverbs.... Listen yourself.....
Pay attention about the quality! Even if the decay time si longer and mix to 22% you can play any note with create a mess.... only very high quality reverbs can do this.
Thank you Fractal!

Sounds incredible Marco!

I normally don’t use a lot of effect for the jazz stuff I play, and I may be late to the party on this but cutting out low frequencies helps me get the effect I want, the note definition I need and the reverbs/delay never sounds muddy. Good stuff...thanks.

Thanks Marco...sounds great!

Such quality is available only on very high end systems.
You play and the reverb become the backing track!

MAN! This is inspiring to listen to. Wonderful playing and gorgeous tones. As you said, a true test of a big verb is whether it stays defined or gets messy at extreme settings.

Back
Top Bottom