Firmware 18.04 going back to 17.04 issue

gibvictory

Inspired
Finally had a chance to download the latest firmware tonight. It didn't turn out so well. I downloaded the latest Bot and Edit, downloaded the new firmware and installed. Went to Utility and hit enter for Reset System Parameters and my presets sound nothing like they used to. I had some crunchy presets and it sounds very clean but not in a good way. Okay, must have done something wrong. Let me try to go back to 17.04 and just make sure I'm at least good there. Re-downloaded the previous versions of Bot and Edit and loaded the firmware and then brought over my saved files and it sounds exactly like when I downloaded 18.04. Did the whole process two more times with the same result. Used Fractal Bot to do all this. Went into Utility each time and cursered to Firmware and it said 18.04 and 17.04 after each firmware download. I never noticed this before but is says to press enter to start update. When I do that it says Awaiting FW File. I have to power off the Axe to make that go away. Any ideas? I'm stumped. Been dying to try FW18.04 but I have to have 17.04 back. I'm worried.

No need to manual update by pressing enter. Just use fractalbot.

funny story, I upgraded to 18 and found it sounded horrible.
I downgraded to 17 and same thing.
After banging my head a few times, I realized the tone knob on my guitar was turned off lol.

anyway, back to 18 and its running great. Hehehehe

I did the same thing tonight but everything sounds as it should. As far as the 'Press enter to start update", that's just left over from the days before Fractal Bot when you had to use a third party sysex program for updates. Not needed anymore with Bot. Resetting system parameter also returns your Input level to default 49.8% but really shouldn't be too noticeable even if you had raised it before. Sorry not much help.

Thanks Chris. When I'm pretty convinced it's not the presets. I have the same behavior across all presets with either firmware. I try again after work with fresh eyes and ears. I also see a new firmware dropped. Stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom