Firmware 17.00 Seem to have Increased Preset Switch Delay/Gap

Mark Al

Inspired
Besides CPU usage going up, Firmware 17.00 also seem to have increased Preset switch delay/gap, anyone else noticed this?

Besides CPU usage going up, Firmware 17.00 also seem to have increased Preset switch delay/gap, anyone else noticed this?
Mark, you've also been one of the people who reported slowness with Axe-Edit. Is Axe-Edit connected while you're experiencing this gap?

Axe Edit always lags behind a little bit. It might be a touch slower now with 17.0. The audio switches over as fast as ever on my MK1 though, even with Axe Edit running.

It seems like preset switching takes much longer, and it seems almost like it's updating each block one by one, you can see each slowly become active.
Not a huge delay, but definitely noticeable.

As a software engineer myself, I'm now thinking I should go and see if the issue is with the latest axedit or firmware before I post this, so sorry I'm not doing more than just saying "me too!" here :) I'll see if I can try this out later tonight.

Check your CPU utilization. My Axe got slow as molasses until i realized that the CPU was running high. I killed a drive and it was fast again.

Okay, playing around, my very scientific testing (hah) suggests it's not just my imagination, and definitely has nothing to do with CPU load - I've got the same slow scene/preset switching with a preset at 40% as one at 70%.

But also that it's definitely an AxeEdit issue - using the FC12 or the AxeFx directly and ignoring AxeEdit, I don't notice anything at all. I'll see about trying an older version of AxeEdit, unless someone has already confirmed it's with the latest only.

Okay, playing around, my very scientific testing (hah) suggests it's not just my imagination, and definitely has nothing to do with CPU load - I've got the same slow scene/preset switching with a preset at 40% as one at 70%.

But also that it's definitely an AxeEdit issue - using the FC12 or the AxeFx directly and ignoring AxeEdit, I don't notice anything at all. I'll see about trying an older version of AxeEdit, unless someone has already confirmed it's with the latest only.
exactly same thing here, it´s with the latest only.

Back
Top Bottom