Firmware 15.07

laughyouraxeoff

Experienced
This is by far my favorite Firmware out of them all. For me the tone is so sick and the feel while playing has improved from previous firmwares.

Thank you Cliff and the Team, and thanks for getting out the editor too:)

Anyhow, the Firmware 15.x *is* just amazing... The XL robs all my spare time -- @"$ time thief. Cliff and Team are heroes! The biggest news with regards to updates the past 24h is the amazing Auditioning stuff in the Axe-Edit. :D

Okay, thanks. Looks like I'll skip out on this update, wait for 15.08 and hopefully we'll get some new amps or effects.

Well, shoot. Guess it wouldn't hurt to update then. I hope it's the eq bug in the amp section, where you can't see the sliders in Axe Edit.

This is not a FW bug. You have to update your version of Axe Edit to see the sliders for the new passive EQ versions. Check the fractal website.

This is not a FW bug. You have to update your version of Axe Edit to see the sliders for the new passive EQ versions. Check the fractal website.
Is it a recent update? I just updated it within the last two weeks.

Yeah... But what do the guys who write the release notes anyway.

oh, you mean like...

Linear means that the output is related to the input by a straight line: y = mx + b. Filters are example of linear systems. A cabinet IR is a filter. Distortion is an example of a nonlinear system.

Linear systems are associative and commutative. Associative means that a * (b * c) = (a * b) * c.

Commutative means that a + b = b + a or a * b = b * a. Therefore you can do cab -> eq (a * b) or eq -> cab (b * a).

The cab block is not "completely" linear if motor drive is non-zero but it is "wide sense stationary" so you can treat it as linear.

;-)

Reactions: Ole
Maybe my question is a bit off topic here :)
I want to update form 15.03 to 15.07. I have read something about eq settings that got influenced by the new passive eq option by an earlier version 15.04 or .05? Is that still the case with 15.07 or got that fixed? Should I make notes before updating?

Thank you FAS for all the hard work continually trying to make a great product even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom