• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Firmware 10 lead noodling with Marco Sfogli preset-feels and sounds great!

ari

Inspired
Hey all, just wanted to get back into backing track practicing, and i accidentally loaded A preset called Dreamy Lead from an earlier firmware, now uses IIC+ bright. Guess what? Sounds awesome! Playing on the Track wasn't rehearsed or planned, and I played only through the first two minutes, but i think the tone is really great...lemme know what you think!

Ari

Last edited:

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
Really good man.... Is the preset on axe-chance? I have never got any downloaded preset to work for me.. I may try this though :)

Last edited:

shredi knight

Power User

ari

Inspired
Ooh you're right! My bad. Yes it's the dreamy lead preset on axechange. Big thank you to Acosmichippo (?????)

Last edited:

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
I had to start calling it Axe-chance, as it only a ... Well... Chance to get something that fits me ;)

"Axe-Chance" :lol (I'm assuming that was intentional and not a typo)

There is Marco's "Mark V lead" on the Axe-Change:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mark V Lead - by Marco Sfogli

But I suspect that maybe ari was referring to this one ("Dreamy Lead"), though it wasn't created by Marco:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Dreamy Lead - by acosmichippo

Regardless, that's a great sounding, and greatly played clip. :)

ari

Inspired
Thank you! I look forward to sitting down and constructing a solo with some sort of maturity and self control soon...but with th wife due I don't think it's gonna happen....

shredi knight

Power User
I had to start calling it Axe-chance, as it only a ... Well... Chance to get something that fits me ;)

I should call it "Axe-No Chance" then, at least as far as other people's high gain patches are concerned.

That's not something inherent to the Axe-Fx though, it was the same way with user created patches when I had a Line6 Vetta (though ironically, lots of Vetta users seemed to love the ones that I created).

Last edited:

Larcher

Inspired
sounds good on your guitar! I'd add a tight Gate though because you can sometimes hear the fizz noise

nice chops! :)

Birdie

Inspired
HA..! Liar!! I downloaded that and it sounds like ASS..! hahahaha

I think it is because I suck, and you are obviously incredibly talented..!!!

FUCKING NICE JOB!!!

shredi knight

Power User
HA..! Liar!! I downloaded that and it sounds like ASS..! hahahaha

I think it is because I suck, and you are obviously incredibly talented..!!!

FUCKING NICE JOB!!!

If I'm remembering right (and I'm probably not :mrgreen), I used to have that patch on my Axe and it uses a user cab(s). So how that patch sounds is going to be dictated by whatever user cab you have loaded in the slot the patch uses.

EdgE

Power User
Sounds great ,Thought for a couple minutes huh,man that would take me a couple weeks :mrgreen

shredi knight

Power User
I checked the patch-stock cab 43 with a 57 mic, so that shouldn't be the issue...
Ok, I'm thinking of another "USA Lead" patch that I got off the Axe-Change then. I remember I thought it sounded really good and a lot like my own USA Lead patches, but then saw that was mainly due to it using the same user cab slot where I have an IR I created that I use for all my Mesa Mark tones. :roll

Top Bottom