Firmware 10 is unusable for me...

CyberFerret

Power User
...because I cannot get my 12 year old son away from my Axe-FX right now so I can play it !!!

:lol

Yes, he is a big EVH fan, and he absolutely LOVES the new 6160 II amp model. The iPhone camera mic doesn't do it justice here...

When I was 12 years old, I think I was perfecting picking my nose, not a guitar...

That's brilliant mate, you must be a very proud dad. My son is nearly 4 and has a very different approach to playing my guitars. It involves manic strumming and singing Mary Poppins songs :)

Thanks for the feedback all - Yeah, he's really going to be a WAY better guitarist that I will ever be. Already IS in some ways.

His younger brother is also into guitar - just learning some Iron Maiden pieces now...

I have fun being a roadie dad these days... :)

He's on his way... Seems that the kids of today come right out of the gate and can play a lot better then we ever could. Makes me wonder if we could have done the same having all of the great guitar heros from the 80's and resources showing you how to on youtube.

Thanks again everyone! Yeah, I am amazed at the number of kids I see on Youtube etc. these days who have mad skills at such a young age.

Interestingly, both my older son (in the video here) and my younger son love guitar, but neither sees a really big future in it. I guess it is an indicator of music these days - guitar based rock and roll etc. just doesn't seem to have that 'pull' anymore.

I explained to them how being a guitar player in high school back in the 80's was a great thing for me, as it opened many social doors for me, and plus the girls loved it. At the end of gigs, we would have lots of girls (and guys) crowd around us wanting to talk about music etc. but I've watched a couple of shows that my son has played solo and with his band, and whilst the crowd was appreciative, there just wasn't that draw factor with his peers. Virtually non of his friends have a clue who EVH is, for instance. Maybe I should get him interested in expletive ridden rap instead of guitar? ;)

Back
Top Bottom