Firepower - Judas Priest (request)

Misfit74

Anyone made any patches based on the new Judas Priest "Firepower" album?

Seems Richie Faulkner and sometimes Glenn Tipton use Engl amp heads (equipboard.com) and you can hear an amazing tone across the new album. I'm interested if someone has some to share they've made or come accross recently. (Axe FX 2 XL+ user, myself). Also interested in other quality Judas Priest IRs/patches. Thanks

Example:

Anyone made any patches based on the new Judas Priest "Firepower" album?

Seems Richie Faulkner and sometimes Glenn Tipton use Engl amp heads (equipboard.com) and you can hear an amazing tone across the new album. I'm interested if someone has some to share they've made or come accross recently. (Axe FX 2 XL+ user, myself). Also interested in other quality Judas Priest IRs/patches. Thanks

Example:

This is by far the best sounding guitars i have lisstnng to lately. if there is someone who can reproduce this sound to the axe, im willing to pay for it ofcourse....masterclasss album also

I'm going to give this a shot because I like the tone too. The title track has isolated guitars at the intro. So i'm going to try to tonematch that

Try this. I did it with an AX8. tonematched the intro to Firepower. Used the Fireball like he does and kept it simple. His may be a bit more scooped than mine. Plus his is doubled too. I did this with headphones and listening on my monitors, it sounds bright. So I may keep tweaking it but the general idea is there. The tonematch cab and the amp he uses.

Attachments

• Priest Firepower.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Try this. I did it with an AX8. tonematched the intro to Firepower. Used the Fireball like he does and kept it simple. His may be a bit more scooped than mine. Plus his is doubled too. I did this with headphones and listening on my monitors, it sounds bright. So I may keep tweaking it but the general idea is there. The tonematch cab and the amp he uses.
I will definitly try this in the weekend when i comes to my studio...wooow cool

Hi folks, hi Steve,
i am a FX8 user, so I can´t really check your files. My real amp is a fireball 60 with a matching Engl pro 412 cab (V30s), so it´s a little different than Faulkners Powerball, but still an ENGL. So can you maybe give me some advise how to come close to his tone? Ampsettings, additional boosts, pre- or post-EQing, maybe use of compressors or Chorus ... just to get an idea ...

Thank you !!!

I’ll see if I can screenshot some of the effects settings after I get my girl to sleep. I didn’t concentrate so much on the effects as I did the amp settings.

Back
Top Bottom