Firehouse's Bill Leverty with some sweet axefx tone.

schlagdog

Inspired
Thought I would post a video of Bill Leverty playing the axefx live. It's a chance to see someone not playing a 7 string with a Djent tone live for once. He is a member of the board and a cool guy. Tone was awesome and the band sounds great. If you get a chance to check them out live go see them.
Told me he uses the 5153 Red with an overdrive in front but couldn't remember the cab model and is still fine tuning the patch.
the Marshall's are the clubs and are just sitting there for show and he runs direct

Last edited:
I'm digging the tone of that. Wonder if he was using the Marshalls just for stage sound w/o cab sim and ran the axe foh with cab sim, or the Marshalls were just setting there for stage show.

I'm digging the tone of that. Wonder if he was using the Marshalls just for stage sound w/o cab sim and ran the axe foh with cab sim, or the Marshalls were just setting there for stage show.

The Marshall's are the clubs I think. Neither one was doing anything at all or had no mics on them. He goes direct to the board.

I really dig Bills playing. Great stuff w/ Firehouse and his solo stuff ain't bad either !

I love his choice of guitars too. Not necessarily mainstream. For years it was a couple of Grem guitars, and how they are C.R. Alsip.

I'm all set w/ guitars ( for now ), but if I were looking, I'd be looking at the C.R. Alsips !

That sounded great. I'm glad to see that Firehouse is still out there slugging it out. I got to see them twice back during the height, great shows.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Whenever I listen to myself play on one of these youtube vids with the camera close to the amp, I always feel very nervous and realize how badly I need to practice!!
Anyway, I'm crazy about my Axe FX II. As correctly stated before, my main patch for FireHouse gigs is the 5153 Red for dirty. I also use an AC 30 TB for cleans. I will post a patch soon if anyone wants it. I won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks though.
The way I'm running this setup out on the road for fly dates like this is direct to FOH out of output 1 (L&R); and, out of output 2 (L&R), I usually go into the effects returns of a pair of JCM 900s that the promoter provides. In this case, I didn't get JCM 900's, and one of the amps blew right before I went on, so what you're hearing is only the left side of output 2 and a little bit of the FOH mix.
I fly out to 99% of all of our gigs and I check the Axe underneath the plane with my guitar. (Yes, I do get nervous that my cases will miss their connections or be mistreated, but so far, I've been very lucky with Delta Airlines, and the Axe is bullet-proof, traveling in an SKB case with cubic foam. My guitar also travels in an SKB case BTW.)
I'm still figuring this box out, and enjoying every minute I spend with it. I've learned so much from all of you here and I can't thank you guys enough.
Anyway, I've GOT to go practice. It's hard to hide from your clams with Youtube vids, but that's what makes me keep trying. One day, before I die, I might be able to get all the way through a song without tripping up over the frets!! :)
Fractal RULES!!!!!!

Bill, so cool of you to post here. Big Firehouse fan here. Saw you guys many years ago in New York. Love your playing, keep up the great work!

Bill,
My wife and I are both big Firehouse fans. I look forward to trying your patch when you are able to post it. In the meantime I'm going to try to replicate it myself from your description. Keep up the great work. I wish I could play half as good as you!
Roger

Excellent tone. Great to see the band can still execute the material. Guitars and vocals were always shredding in that band.

Saw firehouse around 1993-ish opening for tesla. I was front row at the Worcester centrum. My first ever front row concert.
I was way into their set, and knew every song. both the guitar and bass player threw me picks.
Bill threw me a few and they were almost impossible to catch....and he could see that.
So he came to the edge of the stage in between songs to make sure that I had gotten one.
Back then, that was one of the most amazing things that could happen to a young musician.
Still have the pick.

Thanks for the info Bill! Thought you might be doing the on stage thing into the effects return. Looking forward to your patches. Keep kickin ass out there...and Shaunna says "hello"! See you guys again on the West coast! DP

Thought I would post a video of Bill Leverty playing the axefx live. It's a chance to see someone not playing a 7 string with a Djent tone live for once. He is a member of the board and a cool guy. Tone was awesome and the band sounds great. If you get a chance to check them out live go see them.
Told me he uses the 5153 Red with an overdrive in front but couldn't remember the cab model and is still fine tuning the patch.
the Marshall's are the clubs and are just sitting there for show and he runs direct

Thanks for posting this, amazing guitar player and tone!

Ive been in favor of amps on stage even if they are doing nothing, just for show. But it just strike me something... since there where Marshalls onstage, i wonder how many in the audience said, dam that Marshall sounds amazing i probably will buy one soon, instead of saying man that Axe FX sounds amazing! i have to have one!.

Maybe Fractal does need to have a proprietary speaker/monitor/amp look a like something that has the Fractal logo or something just so potential buyers have it clear what they are hearing.

Back
Top Bottom