FireHouse Main

I haven't been in the forum in a while this is amazing. Love Bill's playing. I have stolen so many licks from him, and now I have his tone! Don't Treat Me So Bad, Home is Where the Heart Is, It Outta Be Law, have given me quite a few licks.

Thank you Bill!

Thanks for sharing this!

I've always loved Firehouse!! I know it's off-topic, but I have never successfully figured out (or found the right tab) for the intro to Shake and Tumble! Love that song. :)

This is my main patch for my FireHouse gigs. As you can see, it's pretty simple:
Scene 1 is for super sensitive legato lead playing & scene 2 is for rhythm & lead. The only difference between these 2 scenes is that scene 1 has the tube screamer on.
Scene 3 is the same as scene 1 except it kicks in a pitch block for the solo for "Over Night Sensation". (We're tuned down a whole step BTW.)
Scene 4 is my clean sound.
Scene 5 is what I use for the intro to "Reach For The Sky". In the studio, I recorded a 1/2 speed track which when sped back up to 30ips, created that octave above sound. I really like the way the Multi Delay sounds, so I'm using that.
Thanks FAS! I LOVE your gear… Bill Leverty

Total fanboy here! I had the first Firehouse tape on rotation in my car for about 3 years straight in my college days.

I don't have an AX8, but came back here because I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. The fact that Bill Leverty uses it might have just made that decision a whole lot easier!!! :)

Wes

Thanks Fractal for connecting us with a legend! man that solo on All She Wrote is epic!!! gona fire up my AX8 to try the preset! thanks a lot Bill!

This preset is intended to be Dark Sounding? i tried my brightest guitar and it was still dark enough compared to the firehouse album tone.

This preset is intended to be Dark Sounding? i tried my brightest guitar and it was still dark enough compared to the firehouse album tone.

Hmmmmm I don't think it sounds dark at all. You'll have to make some adjustments to compensate for your guitars pups. Are you running FRFR or into a power amp and speaker cab? If you are running FRFR try a few different IR cabs.

Great - thanks for sharing this.

I learn from every preset i see, hear and test.

So keep sharing :)

This is truly awesome! Thanks so much, Bill, for so generously sharing these!! It's so awesome that you're willing to do this!! Beyond being a huge fan for over 25 years, like I'm sure many here are, being able to learn how a real, touring pro uses this live is a great way to learn even more! Thanks again!! (PS - anybody try converting to AxeFxII? And if so, what FW? If not, anybody able / willing to post screen shots of each block and scene?)

Thanks for the preset, sounds great!

Anybody had any luck getting this preset in the Axe FX2?
Tried with the FracTool but it sounded buzzy and nothing like it does in my AX8.
Don`t have the patience to copy the settings manually right now.

I'm reading the top post by Willis and I'm thinking "Hey, this might actually be Bill Leverty posting?" then I read his name at the end. :D
Like a few I have an AxeFx2 not the XL version.
Firehouse puts on a great concert, seen them with Cinderella, Quiet Riot and Ratt, Firehouse were the best band IMO that night.

This is my main patch for my FireHouse gigs. As you can see, it's pretty simple:
Scene 1 is for super sensitive legato lead playing & scene 2 is for rhythm & lead. The only difference between these 2 scenes is that scene 1 has the tube screamer on.
Scene 3 is the same as scene 1 except it kicks in a pitch block for the solo for "Over Night Sensation". (We're tuned down a whole step BTW.)
Scene 5 is what I use for the intro to "Reach For The Sky". In the studio, I recorded a 1/2 speed track which when sped back up to 30ips, created that octave above sound. I really like the way the Multi Delay sounds, so I'm using that.

Hello Bill, thanks for sharing the patch ,also my neighbor is Nathan Warstler ,does that name ring a bell ? he built your guitars when he worked at Yamaha , I absolutely love your tone and your playing is phenomenal... im looking forward to trying this patch , have a great day sir

Back
Top Bottom