Fire Romo - Please NFL

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Good defensive battle....
I am rooting for Pats simply because of Fractal :) I do like Brady also.

Being a life long Dallas fan I despise Tony Romo. He is to sportscasting what he was to football-Garbage,

He calls the plays, says what each player or team should have done, just mr know it all.

OK I'm done!
Go Pats..................

I actually like his commentating. Helps me understand the mechanics of the game in certain areas. Thought I'd hate him. I really wanted to hate him, but was pleasantly surprised.

I think the like/not split with Romo comes at the level of fan one is.

Casual fans find it a different approach that offers insight, more hard core fans find it pandering a bit.

I think the like/not split with Romo comes at the level of fan one is.

Casual fans find it a different approach that offers insight, more hard core fans find it pandering a bit.

disagree, most hardcore fans I know (myself included) enjoy the intricacies/strategy he points out that casual fans don't care about.

Well. just amazing.

Ok so everyone loves him. For me , someone trying to second guess and up one on the coaches and quartervback is annoying. Also, f you actually listen to what he says, 1/2 the time he is wrong. He annoys the hell out of me.
Yes, I will admit being a die hard Cowboys fan since Staubach days, most of us cannot stand Romo, so That of course taints my opinion somewhat.

I do like someone that gives more insight into the game, but only when they are correct, like John Madden.

Just one of many examples, Rams are in huddle on offense and Romo starts to talk. something like, now watch "player x, he will drop back and player 2 will run across taking player 6 with him leaving player 5 open. NEVER HAPPENED.

Maybe I know too much about the game and know it alls like Romo bore me.

To each his own.......Glad he helps you guys "understand" the game better............

Tony brings some interesting wit and humor to the booth, making some comments probably many are thinking but most sportscasters wouldn’t say aloud. In turn this brings out a bit more personality in Nantz, and they seem to really enjoy working together, and are able to keep a broadcast of an otherwise boring game worth keeping on.

Loved Tony’s deadpan remarks about the punting game and how the “household” names are getting all the action in the superbowl lol.

I also think he brings some really good insights of game mgmt. to the viewer based upon the experience of a guy who played recently enough to have an idea of how the modern game is played, vs older guys who just aren’t used to current coaching strategies etc.

No one is going to appeal to everyone, but he seems to have more fans than detractors, so must be doing soemthing right.

I’ve watched for a long time and think I know a thing or two, but I’ll be the first to admit Romo knows more than I do. He does help me “understand” the modern game better.

He can look at a formation and see and understand things I’m certainly not going to pick up on as quickly. He played, I didn’t.

I think that holds true for most of the viewing audience. 99.9% of viewers didnt play or coach and sure, if you worked as an offensive coordinator etc, he’s maybe not telling you anything you don’t know, but most of my buddies have commented on enjoying learning a bit more about the game from Tony.

Always can mute the sound and do your own play by play too

I thought he was 90% enjoyable and 10% over the top. So you can categorize my response: I know next to nothing about football other than the basics of the game.

I thought he was 90% enjoyable and 10% over the top. So you can categorize my response: I know next to nothing about football other than the basics of the game.

This was what I was trying to say earlier. For those who have played the game or who have been students of the game he offers no insight....and the Capt obvious routine gets old quick. Everyone can see the same thing we don't need him to point it out all the time like we are kids. I understand that refers to a much smaller pool than the average fan...hence the divided opinion amongst "fans"

it's really perspective as it relates to your existing knowledge. I like the guy, and he is entertaining. Let's see if they ever let him do golf like he wants to.

He is still relatively new still too. Might take him a bit of time to really fine tune his style, when to keep quiet, when to talk, etc.

I don’t think anyone was great on their first broadcast. But, I think he’s already a lot better than a good number of long time color guys, and can certainly get even better.

Back
Top Bottom