Fire Romo - Please NFL

Best commentator since John Madden! Love Romo. I do think he's a better commentator than player.

I am sorry but I have to believe that you guys do NOT listen to all the crap coming out o his mouth. Yes sometimes he is right. Half the time he is wrong. I mean your chances of being right are kind of 50/50 .........

Wow- The Tony Romo fan club on the Fractal Forum......

Please remember I started by saying I am a die hard Cowboy fan since Staubach and Bob Hayes days................
And admittedly I have a bias against Romo because he sucked as a player and hurt the cowboys every year he played (I mean choked mostly)........

He is still relatively new still too. Might take him a bit of time to really fine tune his style, when to keep quiet, when to talk, etc.

I don’t think anyone was great on their first broadcast. But, I think he’s already a lot better than a good number of long time color guys, and can certainly get even better.

OK now THAT I can say is the first reply in this thread that I (I said I) find logical..........

This was what I was trying to say earlier. For those who have played the game or who have been students of the game he offers no insight....and the Capt obvious routine gets old quick. Everyone can see the same thing we don't need him to point it out all the time like we are kids. I understand that refers to a much smaller pool than the average fan...hence the divided opinion amongst "fans"

it's really perspective as it relates to your existing knowledge. I like the guy, and he is entertaining. Let's see if they ever let him do golf like he wants to.

Make Sense.............

I haven't watched an NFL game for the last three years or so, but I did watch a few playoff games this year.

I have only heard him call one complete game, the Chiefs/Pats game. He was really good in that game. Consistently predicted plays correctly. I really thought he did a great job. I didn't turn on the game last night until late in the 3rd quarter so I can't comment on how he did in the Super Bowl.

I am sorry but I have to believe that you guys do NOT listen to all the crap coming out o his mouth. Yes sometimes he is right. Half the time he is wrong. I mean your chances of being right are kind of 50/50 .........

Wow- The Tony Romo fan club on the Fractal Forum......

Please remember I started by saying I am a die hard Cowboy fan since Staubach and Bob Hayes days................
And admittedly I have a bias against Romo because he sucked as a player and hurt the cowboys every year he played (I mean choked mostly)........

I used to coach high school football so I appreciate his insight. I don’t pay attention to his predictions but whether you like the guy or not a reasonable person would have to admit that playing in the NFL requires a high football IQ.

I used to coach high school football so I appreciate his insight. I don’t pay attention to his predictions but whether you like the guy or not a reasonable person would have to admit that playing in the NFL requires a high football IQ.

I agree, he is an intelligent guy. But he was a crummy QB and he dumped Carrie Underwood so I have no use for him. Or did she dump him? Hmmm not sure actually :)

I agree, he is an intelligent guy. But he was a crummy QB and he dumped Carrie Underwood so I have no use for him. Or did she dump him? Hmmm not sure actually :)
a bad qb? maybe didn't have the post season success you'd have liked, but he was far from a bad qb.

"Crummy" QB's peak in high school, or college, or one season of the NFL. He wasn't the greatest to play the game, but he had a good career, and is a better QB than like 99.999999999% of the population. Its like calling the guy that gets 10th place in an Olympic 100m "slow"..... Means 9 guys on the planet were faster, but also means that just 9 guys on the planet were faster...

Curious to what "use for him" you would have if he was still with Carrie Underwood ?

a bad qb? maybe didn't have the post season success you'd have liked, but he was far from a bad qb.
I see your from Texas and thats cool. But I have been a cowboys fan forever...imho he is the prime reason the cowboys got no where with him as QB. Their were years he had some great people around him. He choked whenever the pressure was on...He personally was responsible for multiple no playoff years. Himself.
A good QB is more consistent than he ever was-Mr Choke ...

Well, I for one would rather watch the game instead of having someone "predicting" what the next play will be.

In the super bowl, which is only the 2nd gam I have heard him on, he was wrong 1/2 the time. Whatever.....
John Madden had a way of doing this that was NOT annoying and self serving. As lqdsnddist said above perhaps he needs time to hone his craft. Ok fine.
I can watch a game without the sound and whenever he is the guy my sound will be off.

So I guess I just dislike the guy. Sorry.....

Is he correct on all his calls? Of course not. To me that's not the point. I get a lot of insight and understanding from him of what's going on before the snap (or on the replay).

But how many times do you think he 'appears' to be wrong because the QB saw a different solution to the defense on that play? Could be that Tony was wrong. Could be Tony was right, and the QB mis-read the defense and ran some other play (or the coach in his headset called something else). Could be that the options the QB had for an audible or making multiple reads were different to begin with for that play. Or, it could be that the defense did a good job of disguising their coverage - after all, defenses are pretty smart themselves - look how the Rams fooled Brady for much of the night.

He was a competent QB Not a great or a bum....He falls into that very small section of Veteran QB's who didn't hurt their teams and would on occasion show flashes of greater ability only to then lose games they should win for no obvious reason.... Time will remember him much the same as... Brain Griese, Alex Smith, Culter, Cousins....Romo.

He was a competent QB Not a great or a bum....He falls into that very small section of Veteran QB's who didn't hurt their teams and would on occasion show flashes of greater ability only to then lose games they should win for no obvious reason.... Time will remember him much the same as... Brain Griese, Alex Smith, Culter, Cousins....Romo.

Honestly, I rarely missed a cowboy game - ever. Sure they all weren't televised but they were pretty much on TV more than any other team...for the most part. I watched him hurt the Cowboys time and time again. Yes I saw the flashes of greatness also. But not enough to outweigh his "choke persona" Yer after year. Most Cowboy fans I know wanted him traded so bad after his first 2 years.
I will never forget him holding for the kicker because the other holder was hurt. He missed the ball, picked it up and was tackled 2 yards later. No playoffs for the Cowboys.I remember in a game that would easily have put them in the playoffs all he had to do was lob the ball over the defender (screen pass), it was a no brainer and even the announcers called it as an easy game winner. except he threw it to the defender 6 feet in front of him. A simple lob, no one near the guy, don't remember who it was though-maybe Miles Austin I could go on and on. I'm sorry, love him as an announcer all you want, thats fine-you are the ones he has to please during the game and evidently for bunch of you he does, Great. . but, as I have said 3X now I love the cowboys, always have and he was the king of chokes.......

Boy never expected this thread to be this long.

Back
Top Bottom