AFIII Finding my own tone

Guitarman69

Inspired
In the spirit of @2112 quote

"Any time I fire up the C++, the Atomica or the Deluxe Reverb with the right IR, add some delay and start playing with the III i find myself thinking "how good is this?!". Being able to sound like the best version of yourself is why FAS products are so valuable IMO"

I have never owned a tube amp. I played a SS-70 Ampeg with a Quadraverb and a Boss RGE-10 for 30+ years. I thought it was pretty great. Last March I made the switch to Fractal and was blown away. The tones I had heard in my head for sooo long were able to become a reality. Essentially yes, "how good is this?!".

So many of Leon's presets translate nicely to my LP. Thank you for sharing knowledge and presets.What a treasure to have his and the forum members knowledge. This place is a fantastic resource. I admit that some of the threads I just don't understand but I know my lll sounds amazing, so I am content with that and following along with the ones I can relate to.

I still have so much to learn and the FW updates on the lll have been just incredible. Thank you FAS team!

I also just recently discovered backing tracks on YouTube (so maybe I live under a rock). I do not have any recording equipment so I recorded this with my ipad. This is not modeled after anyone's sound in particular, it is just what sounds good to my ears and under my fingers, trying to be the best version of myself.

I am using the Euro Uber with a couple of Guitar Hack cabs @FractalAudio posted quite some time ago.

There is no going back once you get bitten by the Fractal bug!

Right on Brother!

What a great reach out. My favorite bullet point was in your subject line...
Finding my own tone.
Bravo sir! That illuminates a core lesson I learned while playing with what I might call virtuosos.
They are often technically correct before they are emotionally over target. Nothing wrong with that but...

Tone and groove is in the heart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom