Finding a cabs 'Low Freq' response by ear?

Sean Ashe

Power User
I saw several days ago Cliff mentioned you could find your cabs "Low Freq Resonance" by ear, because the cab would 'sympathize'. And by this I'm referring to the "Low Freq" parameter in the amp block (speaker tab). Was wondering if anyone has done this and could confirm of a good way to tell what it was.

I am using an early 80s Marshall JCM800 Cab, and I *think* mine is 114-115 but I'm not positive. And I'm just trying to make it as close as possible so I of course can have it sound like the amp is basically sitting on my cab haha ;)

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I just kinda swept around with it and set it to where I thought sounded the best. Either my ears are crappy from the years of standing in front of drummers or the effect is suuuuuuper subtle.

I saw several days ago Cliff mentioned you could find your cabs "Low Freq Resonance" by ear, because the cab would 'sympathize'. And by this I'm referring to the "Low Freq" parameter in the amp block (speaker tab). Was wondering if anyone has done this and could confirm of a good way to tell what it was.

I am using an early 80s Marshall JCM800 Cab, and I *think* mine is 114-115 but I'm not positive. And I'm just trying to make it as close as possible so I of course can have it sound like the amp is basically sitting on my cab haha ;)

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Explained here:

AMP (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom