Finally!

I graduated in 1969 from Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, a former all male Private School that was handed over to the Public School System with the understanding that the standards would remain the same. 70 was passing instead of 60 and we had to wear ties. So employers were always looking for Poly graduates. But because I had long hair at the time, I still couldn't get a good job. Of course at 18 (and a guitarist) I would not cut my hair out of principle. If I could go back in time I would bitch slap myself and yell "Get A Haircut!". My life could have been a lot better.

Last edited:
I graduated in 1969 from Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, a former all male Private School that was handed over to the Public School System with the understanding that the standards would remain the same. 70 was passing instead of 60 and we had to wear ties. So employers were always looking for Poly graduates. But because I had long hair at the time, I still couldn't get a good job. Of course at 18 (and a guitarist) I would not cut my hair out of principle. If I could go back in time I would bitch slap myself and yell "Get A Haircut!". My life could have been a lot better.
I was BORN in 1968 and I'm frigging old! ;)

In 1969 I bet it was closer to Baltimore psychedelic institute...

So many low wage jobs though...
The market dictates the value of a job based on supply and demand. If the job requires a lot of skills the pay will be high, if even a braindead person on lifesupport can do it, the pay will be low. Especially when the supply of such labor is high. Which it usually is. Except not now.

Actually, underage drinking still ruled. Your avatar is very Mark Farner-ish. Been a fan of his since 1969.
I’m a huge Mark Farner/Grand Funk Railroad fan! My guitar style is Mark Farner-ish for sure. I will be seeing a Jim Peterik concert this Friday in Decatur IL, and Mark Farner is playing too. Really looking forward to it! 😀🎸✈️🇺🇸

The market dictates the value of a job based on supply and demand. If the job requires a lot of skills the pay will be high, if even a braindead person on lifesupport can do it, the pay will be low. Especially when the supply of such labor is high. Which it usually is. Except not now.
To an extent I absolutely agree. The issue is that the system is manipulated. But, I'll stop there, because this is not a form for politics and off shoots.

I’m a huge Mark Farner/Grand Funk Railroad fan! My guitar style is Mark Farner-ish for sure. I will be seeing a Jim Peterik concert this Friday in Decatur IL, and Mark Farner is playing too. Really looking forward to it! 😀🎸✈️🇺🇸
Just got the new Live from Chili with Love DVD. At 70 something he's still a great singer and performer, but the tone of his guitar is bad here(muddy). I think it's the engineer because he's using the same rig he has for 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom