Finally took the plunge

Thanks for the welcome guys! I do for sure see myself losing sleep. The learning curve will be the hardest part, but i'm willing to put in the time. I think i've watched every youtube video lol and i've been reading on here for a while now to try and prepare myself. Im so excited to hear the EVH amp sim in this thing as I've heard great things about it. Heck, i'm excited for all the amp sims and especially the ambient beautiful effects :)

I honestly feel like the "learning curve" is a bit of a myth. The front panel interface is pretty intuitive, and I rarely ever use advanced parameters when tweaking these days. I can typically pull up a patch I like in a few minutes, even with an amp model I don't typically use (I'm currently jamming on the AC-20 12AX7 model. It's glorious.) Just use your ears and tweak TMB, Gain and Presence like you would a normal amp.

The EVH sim is quite awesome. I also highly recommend checking out the Triptik if gain is your thing. And don't be afraid to boost with the Drive block! Some of the best tones I've had come from boosting, just like you'd get in real life with a lot of amp / pedal setups.

Enjoy the anticipation, and welcome :)

Congrats! I would say "Read the manual" but the coders are faster than the typists at Fractal!

I'm not a "power user", have an XL since May last year and have enjoyed every minute and dollar of my ownership experience. I know you'll enjoy yours too! I basically have the same rig except I use a Marshall 1960B cab! :encouragement:
Bookmark some YouTube videos from the likes of Chris on topics like setting up the MFC, calibrating external pedals etc so you can get up and running quickly.

My shiny new Axe FX II XL+ is due to arrive tomorrow... can't wait to drop by the UPS store on the way home!!!
Whoop!!!

I actually own a Kemper rack as well. I must have it all... LoL!!!

Hello all! First post here. I just wanted to share my excitement. I just ordered what used to only be a dream of mine. I'm patiently awaiting an Axe fx II XL+ a Matrix GT1000fx, a Furman Conditioner, an SKB 4u rack case and a Matrix NL12 cab. You could say that dreams come true. Lolol, i loved my current rig, but all the cables and tap dancing had to come to an end. I currently play a EVH 5153 50 watt head through a Mesa 4x12 recto cab and a decent size pedalboard. Im so excited to get my Axe and start this 'journey.' If this was posted in the wrong section my bad, feel free to move it accordingly!

Congrats! I'd say you'll never look back, but more accurately, you'll never look back and regret the decision! ; ) Welcome to the community.

So i came home from work tonight to many packages. I installed everything in the rack got my cables together and fired her up. First impressions? Being a current EVH owner the 5153 red channel sounds fantastic. I didn't even get to play it loud and i can tell its gonna sound awesome. Some of these cleans are fantastic also. Its almost a suprise to be able to use my fairly hot bridge pickup and still get some good tones without rolling the volume back! I've been playing, editing and learning for hours. The only weird thing to me is my XL+ has firmware 18.12 in it. (Or maybe 18.02 i don't remember) I thought these shipped with the latest firmware? Oh well, its really not a huge deal as im sure its easy to update. Overall, im happy thus far and already and am looking forward to getting off of work tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom