Finally took the plunge

Reet

Inspired
Hello all! First post here. I just wanted to share my excitement. I just ordered what used to only be a dream of mine. I'm patiently awaiting an Axe fx II XL+ a Matrix GT1000fx, a Furman Conditioner, an SKB 4u rack case and a Matrix NL12 cab. You could say that dreams come true. Lolol, i loved my current rig, but all the cables and tap dancing had to come to an end. I currently play a EVH 5153 50 watt head through a Mesa 4x12 recto cab and a decent size pedalboard. Im so excited to get my Axe and start this 'journey.' If this was posted in the wrong section my bad, feel free to move it accordingly!

Congrats! I would say "Read the manual" but the coders are faster than the typists at Fractal!

I'm not a "power user", have an XL since May last year and have enjoyed every minute and dollar of my ownership experience. I know you'll enjoy yours too! I basically have the same rig except I use a Marshall 1960B cab! :encouragement:

Welcome, Reet!

I remember when I got mine a few years ago. I stared at the front door all day when it was supposed to have been delivered, and it finally arrived like half an hour after it got dark outside. I'm pretty sure about 35 or 40 hours passed between the time I got up that morning and when the delivery guy got there.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I do for sure see myself losing sleep. The learning curve will be the hardest part, but i'm willing to put in the time. I think i've watched every youtube video lol and i've been reading on here for a while now to try and prepare myself. Im so excited to hear the EVH amp sim in this thing as I've heard great things about it. Heck, i'm excited for all the amp sims and especially the ambient beautiful effects :)

Welcome aboard!

Since I got mine, I don't have gas for amps any more. I just need more time to work with the Axe-Fx!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I do for sure see myself losing sleep. The learning curve will be the hardest part, but i'm willing to put in the time. I think i've watched every youtube video lol and i've been reading on here for a while now to try and prepare myself. Im so excited to hear the EVH amp sim in this thing as I've heard great things about it. Heck, i'm excited for all the amp sims and especially the ambient beautiful effects :)

The EVH red sim is so close to the real amp. It's really hard in head phones or in ears to tell them apart. I used a 100watt EVH before buying the axe. They are so very close best piece of gear I have ever spent money on hands down.

The EVH red sim is so close to the real amp. It's really hard in head phones or in ears to tell them apart. I used a 100watt EVH before buying the axe. They are so very close best piece of gear I have ever spent money on hands down.

Thats what i was hoping to hear. The red channel is my favorite distorted tone to date. So excited to jam on it. :)

Welcome! The learning curve is substantially shorter than it used to be. A lot of good presets right out of the box. Just EQ to your taste and let 'er rip. It sure makes life easier.

Thanks guys. You all are so much more friendly than any other forum i've been apart of. Its refreshing as so many people are stuck up and "to cool." I appreciate the warm welcome and i look forward to learning this thing.

welcome dont be afraid to experiment with other amps and cabs that you may not think you would like. Including FAS originals. Some use FAS modern for ALL their high gain and just change out IR's.

So.....is it there yet, is it there yet?
Pauly

Thanks guys. You all are so much more friendly than any other forum i've been apart of. Its refreshing as so many people are stuck up and "to cool." I appreciate the warm welcome and i look forward to learning this thing.

Nope, not yet. Everything is supposed to arrive Wednesday. So that means i'm going to have to catch a cold Thursday morning and call in sick... lol :)

Back
Top Bottom