Finally Scored One

Feels like a win-win for everyone! We get another fine amp model and the FAS team get another collector's dream amp in their collection. Must be nice being able to turn your passion/hobby into a career and doing so well at it that people applaud you for getting your hands on yet another amp that we'd all love to own! Job well done.

Pretty awesome seeing Cliff spend $5k on an amp, after which he will spend his time and company resources working to upgrade the model, at which point he will give us a more convenient and flexible version of the amp he bought, all for free. Thank you Fractal!!

I don't care if the new line 6 stuff sounded twice as authentic.. they'd still wait 2 years, and charge 50 bucks to buy an amp pack with 5 new amps in it.. we get a new $5k amp every couple weeks for free. I am Fractal for Life. Bless your heart, Cliff.

Amps like this one are (IMHO) the biggest differentiator of the Axe II over the Ultra. Having stepped up to the II recently after stubbornly gigging my beloved Ultra for years, I was blown away by the Blackface, Brownface, and other low to med gain models. I always struggled to get those tones out of the Ultra, but these amps in the II blew me away immediately. Can't wait to hear the G3 version of the Vibroverb.

Yeah, the thing excels at those midgain tones (not exactly a slouch on high gain, or clean either), this amp should be a very nice addition and pairing it with the Texas Star (Lonestar) 2-12 is definitely in my future...will probably stick it with one of Clark's ML SV 4-10s too, as I find pretty much any Fender sounds great with the right cab for bass (maybe not the Champ, but then again, I haven't tried it, will have to stick it with an 8-10 just for fun and likely to find it to be awesome with one of the ML 4-10s too!).

Hoping with the G-3'd versions we will still have the *VIBRATO VERB AA and *VIBRATO VERB AB options?

man, that things almost as old as I am and it's in way better shape. worth a lot more too, lol.

didn't EJ spend some time with a vibroverb?

SRV's Texas Flood album was mainly recorded using Jackson Browne's Dumble Steel String Singer.. but he used those Vibroverbs heavily for sure.

You mean David Linley's?

...no, it was jackson brown's Dumble BASS amp... not steel string singer.

Texas Flood:
The whole album is a combination of one SM57 on a vibroverb and one SM57 on the dumble. Different songs feature more of one or the other amps, but I don't think there is any song on Texas Flood that is JUST one or the other. You can tell this by listening to Couldn't Stand The Weather where SRV had 2 vibroverbs and 2 Super reverbs. The album is much more bright and greasy compared to the rounder sound of Texas Flood.

Back
Top Bottom