Finally ordered New Martin- after much procrastinating

So, don't get to play it first, but life is too short.
Purchased OM28E LR Baggs Anthem..................
Congratulations!! Love me some Martin. Have a '77 D-35 my wife gave me when we got married. She got a diamond and I got a Martin. I sure know who won in that exchange!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I am getting a Martin X Series Acoustic Electric. It costs about $600 new. I'm not a big acoustic player. I just want something that I can use to add some parts to songs that I want to record. The intro of Dio's Don't Talk to Strangers, for example. I'm not a big acoustic player. I figure Martin is known for great guitars, so I'll get an affordable one. It should be more than good for my needs.

I am getting a Martin X Series Acoustic Electric. It costs about $600 new. I'm not a big acoustic player. I just want something that I can use to add some parts to songs that I want to record. The intro of Dio's Don't Talk to Strangers, for example. I'm not a big acoustic player. I figure Martin is known for great guitars, so I'll get an affordable one. It should be more than good for my needs.
I have no doubt it will be fine. I had a driving reason. To replace the D-35 I lost decades ago. I am definitely an acoustic & Electric player. Love my Strats and Teles but my learning years, many of them, were with an acoustic only....James Taylor, Croce, stuff like that. Lots of fingerpicking!

That sounds wonderful! This is the one I am getting:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/OMCX1EJB--martin-omc-x1e-jett-black

One thing I like is how the body is not wide/thick.

I had an ovation acoustic electric with the thick body & round back, and it kept slipping forward/off my lap – even with the strap on. I gave that guitar to a lady I like. It was a def upgrade from the acoustic she had. She does not seem to have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Take a look at Orangewood guitars. I know made in China, but set up in the US. I was skeptical. I set up a friends recently and while I had it it played real nice so I gave them a try. You get 30 days to return it. Definitely get more for your money and they have solid wood and lower end models. The model I bought is a $2500 guitar for about $1000.

Back
Top Bottom